Aspose.Slides for .NET Core

Hi, is there any plan or timeline for a version of Aspose.Slides for .Net Core?

Hi Nicholas,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that support for .NET Core is postponed to the end of 2016. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37572 has been created in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once requested feature will be available.

Best Regards,

With .NET Core 2.0 (netstandard 2.0) which is in preview atm Microsoft is bringing back over 20 000 APIs to the platform. Is this something that will make the process of porting faster and less painful?

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have discussed requirement related to .NET Core 2.0 support with our product team. Actually, Aspose.Slides library intensively uses System.Drawing functionality. .NET Core 2.0 will not contain the full System.Drawing implementation. So it is necessary to implement all System.Drawing functionality in Aspose.Slides or use some third-party decisions. It is going to take considerable amount of time and resources. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the support will be available in Aspose.Slides. Please also review this discussion for your kind reference as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi, given that progress seems to have been made in allowing other Aspose products to support .Net Core, is it still the case that Slides doesn’t and won’t support it?

If so, are there any alternative ways to allow PPTX files to be generated in a non-windows environment?

@NLargeZO,

We have another API, Aspose.Slides for Java that may prove helpful to you in non-Windows environment. For .NET Core support in Aspose.Slides for .NET, I regret to share that it is not available at the moment.

I meant using .Net languages?

@NLargeZO,

I regret to share that for now there is no other option and we request for your patience till the time the support is available in API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37572) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz