Aspose.Slides for .NET - Extra Hyphen Appears during PPTX to PDF Conversion

Hi,

I have encountered a recurring issue while using Aspose.Slides.Net.

Currently, I am working on a project that involves converting PowerPoint (ppt) documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) files.

During the conversion process, an extra hyphen is being generated in the text content of the output PDF document.

For example, consider these lines of texts in a ppt document:

“Insgesamt wurden seit Jahresbeginn Einlagen im Volu­men von 37,7 Mrd. Euro eingesammelt”

Upon conversion to PDF, an unexpected hyphen is added, as illustrated below:

“Insgesamt wurden seit Jahresbeginn Einlagen im Volu-­men von 37,7 Mrd. Euro eingesammelt”

To address this issue, I have upgraded Aspose.Slides to the latest version, but unfortunately, this inconsistency persists.

Could you please investigate this matter?
Please find attached sample files which illustrate the issue,a picture directly showing the issue and the code used to cause the issue.

Thanks

ProblematicCode.png (10.8 KB)

problematicSlide_out.pdf (49.6 KB)

problematicSlide.zip (28.2 KB)

PictureOfIssue.png (87.9 KB)

@ServerSide527,
Thank you for reporting on the issue.

I’ve reproduced the problem you described when converting the PowerPoint presentation to a PDF document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44286

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Please also share the following additional information if it is possible:

• OS version on which the conversion was performed
  • .NET target platform in your app

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44286) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.