Aspose.Slides for .Net - issue with bullets and also getting error "Index was out of range"

Hi,

This is Lalit from Bangalore. Currently we are using trial version of Aspose.Slides for development but in process of purchase OEM or small business license. Our requirement is to produce PPT document after entering few forms values in C#.Net based Winform [Desktop] application. We have two issues as described below.

1. We have trouble with producing slide having bullet points. It doesn’t recognize bullet character and no producing bullets instead it is display that character as is. For example, we have string Test1 ? Test2?Test3. Here “?” is bullet character and ideally it should have generated 3 bullet points but it is printing as is text.

2. We have developed test application for this issues to reproduce this problem. This application is trying to show preview of the slide. We are able to show preview of slide for first button click [“Title slide”] in application. But when we try to show it for another button click [“Methodology slide”] in application, it throws below error for GetThumbnail() method.

“Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index”

Code looks same for both button click.

In solution, we are preparing these slides based on existing templates.

Please respond earliest as we are heading toward our project deadline.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Regards,
Lalit

Hi Lalit,

I have worked with the project code shared by you and have observed two mistakes that you have committed in your code snippet. I would like to share that bullets property is handled on paragraph level rather than portion level. So, for each bullet in text, you need to add paragraph. Please follow this link for your further kind reference. Secondly, you were cloning slide from template presentation to target presentation but were using method of cloning that is used for local slide cloning. I have made the necessary corrections and your code runs fine now. Please follow this link for more insight about slide cloning. Moreover, I have used latest version of Aspose. Slides for .NET 5.6.0.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for such a quick response with modified working code. It helps a lot and resolve issues.

Looking forward to use Aspose.Slides components and also promoting others to use as you guyz are great and tech support is best and quick.

Regards,
Lalit

Hi Lalit,

We really appreciate your positive comments and will try to help you every possible way.

Many Thanks and have a nice day,

Hi Mudassir,

Before close this topic, there is one relavent question to Slides.
We have code to set bullet character, is there any way to set actuall PPT bullet point using this method or do I have to use image as option?

para.BulletCharacter = Convert.ToChar("?");

Regards,
Lalit,

Hi lalit,

I am sorry that I have not have been able to understand your following query. Can you please elaborate in some more details along with some visual explanation.

"is there any way to set actual PPT bullet point using this method or do I have to use image as option?"

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Sorry for missleading question. Basically I wanted to check how do I create bullet points in Slide which look like bullets. Currently we have used Bulletcharacter as "?" character, but just wanted to check if there is way to specify bullet character and if so then how?

• Bullet example

Similar to above instead of

? Bullet example

I could see there is way to do it by specifying bullet type as picture and specifying picture id.

Let me know if possible to do without picture.

Regards,
Lalit

Hi Lalit,

You can set any Unicode character as your bullet. For example the Unicode character for solid circle bullet in PowerPoint is set by using Unicode Character ‘BULLET’ (U+2022). Following statement can be used for stetting character.

paragraph.BulletCharacter = Convert.ToChar(2022);

You can set any character as bullet by providing the appropriate code and converting that to character. Please follow the links below for your reference.

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2022/index.htm

http://www.alanwood.net/demos/ansi.html

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/a.htm

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Writing back after a long time. I am using Aspose.Slide and I have taken help from you for few issues. I need one more help on one of the issue as described below.

Please find attached sample code to re-produce this. You can run this program and click on "Title Slide" button. This will create two slides in bin\Debug\Templates directory.

Files listed in this directory as below.
TitleTemplate.pptx => This is template file i m using.
Test4.pptx => This file I am generating and saving it to file system [Without use of AddClone method]
Test3.pptx => This file I am generating and saving it to file system [With use of AddClone method]

I have issue with Test3.pptx generated with use of AddClone method. Image displayed on right side is getting truncated compared to Test4.pptx or TitleTemplate.pptx. In generally I am not setting any size or position of the image frame, but just replacing the picture value.

Please let me know if I am doing any wrong step here.

Regards,
Lalit