Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0 - install issue

Dear Support,

I am working for H.Hoffmann La Roche. We decided to try your Slides for Reporting Services Tool and downloaded the trial version.
I installed the tool with the msi installer on our reporting server without receiving any issues.
But when I wanted to try out the new export function for our reports the function is missing in the export option list.
I double checked the values the installer set, and also tried a restart of the reporting server but the option is still missing.
The trial licence is also deployed as described.

We are using for our reporting a own server where is just one instance running.

ServerVersion: Windows Server 2008 R2
Reporting Services: SQL Server 2008 R2 - Reporting Services

Could you provide me some information what I should also check or any other possible way to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Hi Boris,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the Manual Installation of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services after uninstalling the previously installed version. In case you still face any issue, please let us know and we will further investigate the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I had this idea too this morning and did try to deploy the solution manually. But now the Reporting service is not reachable anymore, I am getting an Error message:

The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.

steps I did:

1. coping the Aspose.ReportingServices.Debug.Rpl.dll , Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic and Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll (from universal folder) to the ReportSever/bin folder.
2. Changing the rsreportserver as described
3. Changing the rsrvpolicy as described
4. try to test, but it failed
5. restart the reporting service and test again
6. restart the reporting server and test again

Did I miss anything?

Hi Boris,

Did you un-install the previous version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services before doing the manual installation? If not, I would suggest your to remove the version completely before doing the manual installation. You can check the details regarding re-installing using the following document link.

Re-installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services

In case you still face the issue, please share the rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config file with us. We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

yes I followed the Re-installing description before I installed it manually.

Please find attached the config files.

Thanks for your help

Hi Boris,

Thank you for the feedback.

We will check the files and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

did you have a chance to review our logifles yet?

thanks a lot

Boris

Hi Boris,

Thank you for being patient.

I checked the configuration files and those seems fine. I have created an issue in our issue tracking system with id: SLIDESREP-33405 for our development team to further check and assist regarding why you are unable to see the export options. We will share the feedback of development team with you as soon as they share it.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

did you get an answer regarding our issue yet? Would it make sense to have a remote session with one guy of your technical team maybe?

thanks and regards

Boris

Hi Boris,

I have asked the development team to share a feedback and possibility of a remote session to investigate why such installation issue is occurring. I will update you via this forum thread once I get a feedback.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi again Owais,

did you get feedback from you developer team? I am pretty flexible.

thank you

Boris

Hi Boris,

I have discussed your issue with the development team and they shared the feedback that if some CodeGroup doesn’t work correctly, parser of config file omits
last sections in group. So,possible source of problem was fixed in
attachment config file. Please try the attached config file and let us know if it resolves the problem at your end.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

thanks for you help. It is working now for us.

regards

Boris

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33405) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.