Aspose.Slides for SharePoint API

I do not see any info on using the API for Aspose Slides. Can you send me a link?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Slides for SharePoint - Documentation

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I will move your request to the Aspose.Slides forum where the support team there will beable to help you further.

Thanks,

Hi Michael,

Please follow the links below for the desired Aspose.Slides documentation suite.

Aspose.Slides for .NET

Aspose.Slides for Java

Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services

Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports

Aspose.Slides for Sharepoint

Thanks and Regards,

I have looked through these links, I do not see any info on the Aspose.Slides for SharePoint API. No information at all. I see statements that there is an API, but there aren't any links to anything.

Hi Micheal,

Aspose.Slides for SharePoint documentation can be accessed here. It will be really nice to know, what information you are interested in Aspose.Slides for SharePoint documentation. If you are of the view that there should be some API functions/properties information given in Aspose.Slides for SharePoint API as in Aspose.Slides for .NET documentation. Then answer is no; as Aspose.Slides for SharePoint only allows user to export PPT/PPTX to known formats only.

Thanks and Regards,

The documentation says:

• Aspose.Slides for SharePoint exposes a public API for the developers to develop their own SharePoint solutions.
  • The question is how do you use the API to Save a PowerPoint as a PDF?

When I look at the classes exposed on Aspose.Slides.SharePoint2010 all I see are:

• BuildVersionInfo
    • Layouts

Neither of these leads to Convert or Conversion method. So the question is, how does one use the API to convert a PowerPoint file in a SharePoint library to a PDF?

Hi Michael,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for SharePoint allows user to export the PPT/PPTX to the formats described here. Aspose.Slides for SharePoint is build on the basis of Aspose.Slides for .NET where by developer can programmatically export to PDF. However, in case of Aspose.Slides for SharePoint certain predefined options are available for conversion. You may also find the details in the later section of the page that you have referred. Please also visit this link for possible options and Aspose.Slides for SharePoint integration in SharePoint environment. Moreover, I will also update the sentence that you have referred to avoid any further ambiguity.

Thanks and Regards,

So I guess you are confirming that there isn’t any API for Aspose.Slides that .net developers can use for converting PowerPoint slides to pdfs. Is that correct?

Hi Michael,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET allows you to programmatically export PPT/PPTX to PDF. Aspose.Slides for SharePoint allows you export PPT/PPTX to PDF without programmers interventions. Please follow the links below for your further reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Yes, I understand this. But there isn't any way in Aspose.Slides for SharePoint to programmatically export PPT/PPTX to PDF. Correct?

For instance using Aspose.Cells for SharePoint I can export XLS/XLSX to PDF using the following code:

AsposeCells.Converter.ConvertFile(properties.ListItem.File, Aspose.Cells.SharePoint.SaveFormat.Pdf, true);

No such API exists in Aspose.Slides for SharePoint. Correct?

Hi Michael,

Yes you are right that there is no option to export presentation to PDF programatically using Aspose.Slides for SharePoint. We have also amended the online documentation as well for further future reference to avoid any ambiguity in future.

Many Thanks,

We would really like to be able to use this product, but the lack of an API is a problem. I suppose I could imitate it by having my code instantiate a web client, open the convert.aspx page and pass in the parameters for each file to be converted… not very elegant. Do you know if an API is being worked on and perhaps any idea when it will be released?