Aspose.Slides in SQL Server Data Tools (Visual Studio 2010) Reporting Services

Hello there,

We are currently evaluationg Apose.Slides for SSRS.

We encounter problems installing the library using both SSRS Server (probably due to current version we are using …) and SQL Server Data Tools.

We foollowed instructions from Integrating Manually with Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer|Aspose.Slides Documentation and this forum post Apose.Slides in Visual Studio 2010 Reporting Services Projects with no success.

We’ve downloaded 5.3.1 zip version.

We received error message when displaying report :

unable to load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of his dependencies. Invalid parameter. HRESULT : 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

If I undo all changes made to PreviewProcessingService.exe.config, RSReportDesigner.config, RSPreviewPolicy.config, everything’s working.

Please help us solve this problem

Thanks

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for contacting Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and have not been able to completely understand the issue on your end. Can you please share the complete environment details on your end along with SQL Server version. Please also share the Visual Studio version on your end along with Reporting Services installed on your end. Please share the requested information with us so that I may try helping you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

We are using SQL Server Data Tools for SQL Server 2012. SQL Server Data Tools is based on Visual Studio 2010 Shell.

We are running reports in Local Mode.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have discussed the issue with our product team. They have suggested to use their attached dll as sometimes its works. If the issue is still reproducing then Only re-installation of reporting server will be helpful. In most cases this situation is when people try replace some dll’s in bin directory and it works other wise reinstallation is the only option.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

The attached dll did not solved the problem…

Your procedures never mention SQL Server 2012 and always refers to old versions

Is Aspose.Slides running on SSRS 2012 and above or not?

We tried msi installer, zip and manual install with no success

Using Aspose.Slides with ReportViewer 2010 and 2012 needs downgrading ReportViewer from 11 to 10…

Disappointing…

Maybe we missed something!

Alexandre Salamon

Hi Alexandre Salamon,

We are sorry for inconvenience on your end.

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is compatible with SQL Server 2010 and above. Also there is no downgrading needed for Aspose.Slides to work with ReportViewer 2010 or 2012.

We are looking in to this issue and will share the feedback with you as soon as possible. Can you please also share that if the SQL Server Reporting Services is properly configured on your end and you are able to export the reports to PDF or Tiff if Aspose.Slides is not installed.

Many Thanks,

Is Aspose.Slides confirmed to run on visual studio 2010 dev environment? Report Server is working fine, still unable to export reports from the dev environment though.

Thanks

Hi Andre,

I have observed the comments shared by you and suggest you to please try the guidelines shared over this documentation link. I hope these will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard. If there is still issue, please provide the sample project reproducing the issue on your end so that we may investigate that on our end.

Many Thanks,