Aspose.Slides Java detectFileFormat

Both Cells and Words have FileFormatUtil.detectFileFormat(…). Does Slides have anything similar?

I don’t want to program by exception as that is a bad programming practice. So I don’t want to do new Presentation("") and then catch the exception.

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please visit http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesjava/Getting+the+format+of+a+file for your kind reference.

I hope this will be helpful. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,

Cheers that link looks familiar but the documentation is very hard to navigate and search doesn’t work so sometimes quicker to raise a forum post than find something yourself.

Any chance a defect could be raised to bring all the Aspose.Total Java components more in sync regarding this…

I’m using most of the Aspose components and trying to write a detect logic but need to use fully qualified classes as they have the same Class name.

If someone does spend time trying could something like this be done;

CellsFileFormatInfo cellsFileFormatInfo = CellsFileFormatUtil.defectFileFormat(InputStream);

SlidesFileFormatInfo slidesFileFormatInfo = SlidesFileFormatUtil.defectFileFormat(InputStream);

WordsFileFormatInfo wordsFileFormatInfo = WordsFileFormatUtil.defectFileFormat(InputStream);

Also the values within the FileFormatInfo as some are all CAPS others CamelCase, could that brought in sync too.

Hi John,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the Documentation is logically organized.For example Aspose.Slides for Java documentation is outlined as, Working with Presentation, Working with Slides, Working with Shapes and so on. You wanted to find the file format of a presentation then it is there, in section “Working with Presentation”. Please suggest how are you finding it difficult to navigate in documentation as far as Aspose.Slides is concerned. Regarding Aspose.Total component, it is not an API itself but a suite containing all APIs which have their own logical placement of documentation articles. If you find any problem then please report to respective forum of that specific product and we will be pleased to sort it out.

About the values within FileFormatInfo, I request you to mention explicitly the values you are pointing to, because I am unable to notice it on my end. Please share requested information with us so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,