Aspose.Slides.NET6.CrossPlatform 23.11: PPT to PPTX Conversion Crashes in Docker Container

Hello!
I have made a small console app to test ppt conversion to PPTX using the crossplatform library provided and under the latest version of 23.11.0 (under Docker Linux), we get the error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::logic_error’
what(): basic_string::_M_construct null not valid

The PPT file used is a generic loren ipsun .ppt file, attached in the ZIP file, as well as the code snippet used to trigger this issue.
Aspose.zip (917.3 KB)

Note: 23.10.0 works well, and we are using that one, but latest is crashing with this error.

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for contacting support.

Could you please share the simplest project with the Dockerfile that reproduces the error?

Hello.
Sure, I have attached a small console app that reproduces it
AsposeSlidesCrossplatform.zip (1.0 MB)

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for the example project. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it to work. Please check the project and Dockerfile.

Hi again. Not sure why this didn’t work for you, i downloaded it, unzipped, and directly ran through Docker
and it worked to start and throw the error.
Could you please provide the errors you are getting?
I am attaching a new 7z archive with the same project, if that was the issue…

But other than that, you should be able to reproduce with ANY ppt file, when trying to save it as PPTX under docker linux, and the dockerfile is as follows:
image.png (81.0 KB)

AsposeSlidesCrossplatform.7z (997.2 KB)

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for the information. I am working on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@arnoldbeilandevozon,

When I run Docker image build I get the following error:

Dockerfile:10
--------------------
   8 |     FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:6.0 AS build
   9 |     WORKDIR /src
  10 | >>> COPY ["AsposeSlidesCrossplatform/AsposeSlidesCrossplatform.csproj", "AsposeSlidesCrossplatform/"]
  11 |     RUN dotnet restore "AsposeSlidesCrossplatform/AsposeSlidesCrossplatform.csproj"
  12 |     COPY . .
--------------------
ERROR: failed to solve: failed to compute cache key: failed to calculate checksum of ref 26e19418-4295-4415-a743-358d40ce9e6b::cegxpdoq5n3js4150wiri3re3: "/AsposeSlidesCrossplatform/AsposeSlidesCrossplatform.csproj": not found

I have again tried it and it seems that building from CLI in docker would throw that error, while using the visual studio docker support and building from VS by right clicking the dockerFile and “build” works.
Can you please try it that way?

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
I get the same error in Visual Studio Code. Could you please clarify which version of Visual Studio you are using?

Hi. I am using
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 (64-bit)
Version 17.4.4
I have modified the DockerFile, and reattached it. Please retry via CLI to build the docker image in the sample project i uploaded above
Dockerfile.7z (412 Bytes)
Thank you!

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for the additional information and the Dockerfile. I will check the problem you described in the first message and get back to you soon.

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for your patience. I’ve reproduced the error you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44359

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Having the same message for default azure python web app.

PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=debian

@IevgenN,

Do you get the same error as mentioned in the post?

Could you please share a sample project with resource file(s) to reproduce the issue?

A post was split to a new topic: Converting a PowerPoint Presentation to PDF in C# Crashes on Debian

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44359) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.