Aspose.Slides.NET6.CrossPlatform and PPTX to PDF Conversion Issues

Please can you explain the release schedule for the Aspose.Slides.NET6.CrossPlatform NuGet? Currently the most recent release of the Aspose.Slides NuGet is 23.12.0 but the CrossPlatform NuGet is a month behind on 23.11.0

The reason I ask is because I am trying to upgrade to .NET 8 and thus require the CrossPlatform NuGet. However, when converting PPTX to PDF, the PDFs being produced by the 23.11 CrossPlatform NuGet do not appear to be readable by the Apple Mac Preview application, and the file size is somewhat bigger. Previously we were using the Aspose.Slides 23.5.0 NuGet and the produced files were perfectly readable. My hope was that this was something that might be addressed by the 23.12.0 release.

@ben.mcintyre.mindflick,
Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides.NET6.CrossPlatform 23.12 release is postponed due to issues related to Docker. We apologize for any inconvenience.

You can check your results using Aspose.Slides for .NET Standard 23.12 (this version is included in the Nuget package of Aspose.Slides for .NET).

You can also share the following files and information, and then we will check the problem on our side:

• input presentation file
  • code example you used
  • output PDF file
  • OS version on which the conversion was performed
  • OS version on which the PDF can not be read
  • name and version of the application that cannot read the PDF file

You can zip the files and upload an archive here.

Sorry it has taken so long to respond but I lacked access to a Mac to perform the required testing to diagnose this further.

I have tracked this down to setting the EmbedFullFonts PdfOptions to true. If I do so then it is not possible to open the file in Mac Preview.

I have turned the setting off and the problem has gone away but thought you might be interested to know of the problem.

@ben.mcintyre.mindflick,
Thank you for the message. We will take it into account.