aspose.slides.pptx.PresentationEX object using large heap size on viewing the ppt using Aspose

Hi,
We are facing issue while viewing the PPT/PPTX File using Aspose.

Our findings are -
<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>JA</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS Mincho"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>

1) Total heap usage ~230 mb occupied by PresentationEx object when we try to view 1-2 mb of file by 1 user

2) Total heap usage ~450 mb occupied by PresentationEx object when we try to view 4-5 mb of file by 1 user.

As our application heap size is 512mb, so we get a out of memory error when we try view a file more than 5 mb or if more than 1 user try to view 4-5mb file.

Environment: IBM Java 1.6, WAS 7 and Linux.

Please let us know how we can decrease the usage of heap size by PresentaionEx object. Also please suggest if we can decrease the heap size usage by some other method.

Thanks

Hi Deepak,

I have observed the estimates shared by you. I like to share that the amount of memory consumed depends upon the presentation size, number of slides and contents inside the slides. Actually, when presentation is loaded using Aspose.Slides, it get loaded in Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Slides for Java and size of DOM is dependent on the parameters mentioned. I agree that Aspose.Slides take little more memory than what it actually should be consuming. But, I like to add here is that we are working on optimizing this thing and are hopeful to overcome this to a great deal in upcoming versions of Aspose.Slides for Java.

At present, I can only suggest you to increase the heap size to get things going on for larger presentations.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,