Aspose slides presentationEx errors

Hi,

I am using aspose slides 1.1

I know this is very old. I am changing the program to use pptx now instead of ppt. I have changed presentation to presentationEx and I am now getting lots of error in the program. When I change the errors from for example Fonts to FontsEx, it still doesn't work. Here is an example of some of the errors which I am getting.

Is this because my Aspose dll is too old? I have referenced the name space "Aspose.Slides.Pptx"

Thank you :-)

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have observed that you are using the version of Aspose.Slides that is no more supported. I suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.2.0 on your end. You can find the new product documentation and sample codes over this link.

If there is still an issue by using the latest version on your end then please share the sample project with us and I will try my best to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I am referencing 13.12.0 now to see if that would solve the issues I am having. I am referring to a post from a different user with similar problem as myself

Error 6 ‘Aspose.Slides.IShape’ does not contain a definition for ‘TextFrame’ and no extension method ‘TextFrame’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Aspose.Slides.IShape’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 17 ‘Aspose.Slides.ISlide’ does not contain a definition for ‘SlidePosition’ and no extension method
‘SlidePosition’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Aspose.Slides.ISlide’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 71 ‘Aspose.Slides.ITable’ does not contain a definition for ‘GetCell’ and no extension method ‘GetCell’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Aspose.Slides.ITable’ could be found (are you missing
a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Just to note, I have also tried 8.2.0 as suggested but am still getting a lot of errors. It won't get slideID from slide for example.

Not sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Siobhán

Hi Siobhan,

I have observed the error messages shared by you and request you to please share the sample application with us and I will investigate that on my end. I also suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 on your end. Secondly, I regret to share that SlideID property is presently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 and an issue with ID
SLIDESNET-34978 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support.

This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Ok thank you.

It must be missing a few other things also as there is so many errors in the program.

Thanks for your help.

Siobhán

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34978) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.