Hello,

I’m trying to convert an svg to png
image.png (4.6 KB)
but there’s an imaginary line added between the two divs:
image.png (5.6 KB)

Aspose.SVG version: 24.6.0
C# target framework: .NET 8

Svg in question:

<svg xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg' width='300' height='300' viewBox='0 0 300 300'>
	<foreignObject width='300' height='300'>
		<div xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' style='width: 100%; height: 100%; font-family: Arial;'>
			<style type='text/css'/>
			<div style='width:100%;font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family: Arial;color: #012ad2;background-color: #FFF;'>Some text</div>
			<div style='width:100%;text-align:center;font-family: Arial;color: #012ad2;background-color: #FFF;'>Some longer text. Something here as well.</div>
		</div>
	</foreignObject>
</svg>

C# code used to convert:

using Aspose.Svg;
using Aspose.Svg.Saving;
using Aspose.Svg.Converters;
using Aspose.Svg.Rendering.Image;

using var document3 = new SVGDocument(@"path to the svg file");
var options3 = new ImageSaveOptions();
options3.PageSetup.Sizing = Aspose.Svg.Rendering.SizingType.FitContent;
options3.SmoothingMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.SmoothingMode.HighQuality;

Converter.ConvertSVG(document3, options3, @"path to the output png file");

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

@pavle.aleksov

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SVGNET-392

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@pavle.aleksov

We have investigated the problem. This issue stems from the internal behavior of GDI+ rendering, which can sometimes introduce visual artifacts in certain scenarios.

Although a direct fix to completely eliminate this issue is complex due to its dependency on the underlying rendering engine, we can offer you a couple of workarounds that should help mitigate the problem:

Change the Smoothing Mode: You can adjust the SmoothingMode to Default. This adjustment keeps the image quality consistent while potentially eliminating the unwanted line. You can apply this setting as follows:

options3.SmoothingMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.SmoothingMode.Default;

Set a Background Color: Setting a background color that matches the div backgrounds can also help mask the line. This is how you can set a white background:

options3.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.White;

We recommend trying these solutions to see which one works best for your specific case. Please let us know the outcome or if you need further assistance with any other issues.

Thanks @asad.ali , I indeed used something like the second workaround, although I didn’t do it through ImageSaveOptions but I rather edited the source svg: I wrapped the two text divs in another div with height 100%, to which I then added a background-color. The workarounds are fine for me if fixing it would be too complex

@pavle.aleksov

Thanks for your feedback. We have recorded it and will let you know in case we have more updates to share.