Aspose.Task version Test

Hello,

I am conducting tests with the technical feasibility Aspose.Task package for a system and I can not get the schedule of the task (Task.Calendar is null) with the hours worked per day.
I'm with the temporary license.
I wonder if this property is always null.

Thank
s.

Att,

Amanda Santana Rebouças

This message was posted using Email2Forum by salman.sarfraz.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you a lot for your question.

I can read task’s calendar information on my side using Aspose.Tasks version 3.0.0.

Please, pay attention, that by default in MS Project the task’s calendar is undefined and the project’s calendar is used instead. In this case the task’s specific calendar is null.

I have attached a MS Project 2007 MPP file where Task1 has a Calendar ‘Task1 Calendar’ specified. I have exported the project data to XML and can see the task’s Calendar’s UID = 3 in it as well. See a screen shot below.

In case if you still have the problem on your side please provide us with the sample data and Aspose.Tasks version number you are using.

Hello,
I’m trying to get information from planned hours per day for the tasks.
I’m using version 3.0.0 and Aspose.Task Project 2003.

Question 1: Can I get the schedule information based Work, Actual Work and Work designed, as this picture
attachment?
Question 2: In the code below for the latest Labor Resource Base CA does not match the information on schedule.

foreach (ResourceAssignment resourceTask in project.GetResourceAssignmentsByTask(task))
{

if (resourceTask.Resource!=null)
{

if (resourceTask.Resource.Calendar != null)
{
Aspose.Tasks.Calendar cal = resourceTask.Resource.Calendar;

TimeSpan ts;
if (resourceTask.Baseline.Count > 0 )
{
AssignmentBaseline baseResouce = ((AssignmentBaseline)resourceTask.Baseline[0]);
DateTime dtTemp = baseResouce.Start;
dtEnd = baseResouce.Finish;

writeText(" Resource " + resourceTask.Resource.Name + " PlanWork - " + dtTemp.ToShortDateString() + " to " + dtEnd.ToShortDateString() + " - Hours: " + baseResouce.Work.TotalHours);

WorkUnit wu = cal.BaseCalendar.GetWorkingHours(dtTemp, dtEnd);

//get Work Plan per Day
while (dtTemp <= dtEnd)
{
if (cal.BaseCalendar.IsBaseCalendar)
{
ts = cal.BaseCalendar.GetWorkingHours(dtTemp);
writeText(" PlanWork - " + dtTemp.ToShortDateString() + " - Hours: " + ts.TotalHours);
}

dtTemp = dtTemp.AddDays(1);
}
}

}

}

}

Hello again,
On the figure posted “Task Information”, actually the Calendar of this task set to Nothing, then so is null in Aspose.
I managed to obtain the value work of base of resource and date as shown in picture by changing the code to:

//get Work Plan per Day
while (dtTemp <= dtEnd)
{
ts = cal.BaseCalendar.GetWorkingHours(dtTemp);

if (cal.BaseCalendar.IsBaseCalendar)
{
writeText(" PlanWork - " + dtTemp.ToShortDateString() + " - Hours: " + ts.TotalHours * resourceTask.Units);
}

dtTemp = dtTemp.AddDays(1);
}

Now I wonder if I can get the information from the Actual Work and the Work that appears on the line for each task/resource per day.

Thank you.

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately Aspose.Tasks does not have easy to use public API to get the work completed and uncompleted daily information. You can use ResourceAssignments’ TimePhased data for the purpose but we have an issue there on which we are working now.

I have linked the issue ‘Incorrect MPP TimePhased data reading.’ with ID = 16988 to this forum thread. We are going to resolve the issue in the end of August.

I have created a new issue ‘Task Usage and Resource Usage project data rendering.’ with ID = 18814 and linked to this forum thread too. The public API for the calculations will be added too. We are going to implement this feature in our August/September official releases.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi Sergey,

Just to double check... I'm anticipating a July release this week. I have been holding off testing until this next release. Can you confirm there will be an update!!

I'm bumping up against many similar calculations that need to be performed to get accurate updates to plans. I expect to be working on these during August...

any info appreciated on the next release..

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

We are going to make an official July’s release this week. We are going to include in it such features as TotalSlack/FreeSlack support, ACWP for MPP files support, common project data reading improvements and some other issue fixes.

We are planning to finish TimePhased data reading/generation improvement in our August release (end of August). It is a big piece of work as MS Project contains 76 different types of TimePhased data and 6 different time units for each of them.

We can try to create some interim builds with the partial feature support for your testing.

Sorry for delay and inconvenience.

Ok, thanks for the reply,

As shown, the “Base Work” for resource/ day I can get, but to use Aspose in my project I need get the same standard of Work Base on other information of current “Actual Work” and “Real Work” .
In the final version of this week there will be this feature?

Thanks

Hi Amanda,

The feature is still under development and is not included in this month’s official release (which is on staging now).

The issues are linked to this forum thread so you will get responses from our company internal issues tracking system automatically as the issues are resolved.

We are going to add calculation for daily Actual Work, Actual Overtime Work, Actual Regular Work (Actual Work = Actual Overtime Work + Actual Regular Work), Remaining Work, Remaining Overtime Work, Remaining Regular Work, Work (Work is a total work = actual work + remaining work), Overtime Work and Regular Work values in our August’s official release (end of August). Let us know if you need some additional information or some additional values calculations.

Sorry for inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16988) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.