Aspose.Tasks reads incorrect TaskId for a particular mpp file

For a particular .mpp file ( that I cannot attach to the ticket) , we have some issues while we try to read data using Aspose, as described below, please help to understand or with a fix.
Aspose.Tasks.Project.RootTask.Children.ResultsView returns the list of items but:

1. there is one row added with “Id=0”

2. “Id=1” is missing from the list

3. the rest of ids is incremented by one.

4. 5th row from Project file is missing

Also, if we look at Aspose.Tasks.Project.RootTask, we observed that there is an “Id = 1” but it represents the file name and not some row.

Please also see attached images.Picture1.jpg (88.9 KB)
Picture2.jpg (50.7 KB)

@officetimeline,
I’ve tried several MPP files from our test data set, but couldn’t observe the behavior you’ve described. Could your prepare new sample MPP file or remove sensitive data from your existing MPP file and attach it please?

Also, if we look at Aspose.Tasks.Project.RootTask, we observed that there is an “Id = 1” but it represents the file name and not some row.

There is no error here. There is a root task (or project summary task) in MS Project (and, consequently, in MPP file saved by MS Project), which is not visible by default. See Project documentation.

Hello,

Please find attached as requested.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Office Timeline

(Attachment Project file.mpp is missing)

Hello,

It seems that it does not let me attach the mpp file. Could you please help me with another way to send you the file?

Thank you

@officetimeline,
have you tried to attach the file using the “Upload” button?

Hello,

The mpp extensions isn’t allowed. Please find attached the zip with the file.Project file.zip (30.4 KB)

@officetimeline,
thank you for the sample file.
Looks like tasks numeration used in Tsk.Id field is broken when ‘null’ (or empty) tasks are present.

I’ve created a ticket with ID TASKSNET-10631 has been created to further fix the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-10631) have been fixed in this update.