Aspose.Tasks.TasksReadingException while using MspDbSettings

Hi Team,
For my project feasibility study, am trying to access MPP file stored in Microsoft Project Server 2013 Enterprise, using MspDbSettings as documented under the below link

https://docs.aspose.com/display/tasksnet/Creating%2C+Reading+and+Saving+Projects#Creating,ReadingandSavingProjects-ImportingProjectDataFromMicrosoftProjectDatabase

But while trying to read the project, I keep getting TasksReadingException. So I would like to know whether Asponse supports to access project stored in Microsoft Project Database via Microsoft Project Server.

Thank you.

Hi,

Than you for showing your interest in Aspose.Tasks API.

The API does support importing Project data from Microsoft Project Database as shown in the article. The issue may be specific to the Project data you are reading from the database. Is it possible for you to extract the project data in MPP format from the database and share with us? If not, please share your database file (most likely in mdf) format for our reference and further investigation at our end. We’ll look into it for assisting you further.

Hi,

Any sample project created in MPP will help to check this behavior from your end. Anyways I have attached the sample mpp file which I try to access through project server.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the sample code. I am afraid that this issue is not re-produced using this sample file. We need to establish the complete environment for testing this issue and request you to spare us time so that we may install and configure the required software. We will write back here once environment is configured and issue is re-produced here.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated in this regard.

Hi,

Just want to reiterate the problem am facing. If I try to load the attached file directly using absolute path it does works, but when I try to access the same using ID and connecction string as in below code, it generates error mentioned previously in this email chain.

MspDbSettings oMsPDbSet = new MspDbSettings(sqlConnectionString.ConnectionString,
new Guid(“73676078-aa49-e711-9401-0050568c5fea”));
Project aProjMppSrv = new Project(oMsPDbSet);

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are currently working over this query by establishing necessary environment and will update you here with our findings soon. We appreciate your patience until then.

Hi,

Can you please update on the requested behavior, since we need to decide our feature based on the same, would be great to have some conclusion on this.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have tried to re-produce this issue using our test machines but could not succeed. This issue is now logged for investigation by the product team under Id:TASKSNET-1965 in our issue tracking system. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

Hi Team,
Can you confirm on any conclusion for TASKSNET-1965. It would be great if we get some inputs, before we start our actual implementation.

@Rajeshrv,

The issue is currently pending for investigation by our Product team and there is no further updates available at the moment. We’ll update you here once there is some feedback available in this regard.

Hi Team,
Now we got Aspose Total license, and trying to use this feature with MPP project server. Do let us know any updates on this request.

@Rajeshrv,

The issue is still pending for analysis by our Product team due to other high priority issues which we are working on. We have requested from our Product team about ETA related to this and will update you here once there is some update available in this regard.

Hi Team,
Any update on this request.

@Rajeshrv,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team again. I have checked the status of this issue but it is still in queue for analysis. I have requested the product team to provide update about this issue and will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-1965) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal

Thank you Team,
Am able to access projects stored in Microsoft Project Server with Aspose Task version 17.8

@Rajeshrv,

Thank you for the feedback and feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Tasks.