Aspose.Total for java (Can it fit below projecT)

Hi Support Team

We have a potential client wants to check if Aspose.Toal for Java can fit for case below, can you help to check and provide some comments?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

· It is a web app

· Under each user’s profile, he can define his secondary password

· A file owner share a MS Office / PDF to a group of users within the app

· User got the document link

· Authorized users can download the file but during the download action; the system will insert the current login user’s secondary password natively to the document (MS Office / PDF) in order to protect from READ

· When the user double-clicks to open the document, a prompt box will pop for a password which is the current user’s secondary password. Once corrected, the user can open and view the document

Thx a lot for your suport!

Martin Fung

Idynamic Media

Hong Kong Reseller

Hi Martin,

You can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java to protect a PDF file using a password. Please see the following topic for details: Encrypt PDF Document. You can apply the password on the server side and then present the PDF for download.

My colleagues representing MS Office files related components will update you with the respective information shortly.

If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Dear Support Team

Thx a lot for your help!

Client contacted me again and he knew that Aspose.Total should have powerful encrypted features for pdf, words and excel.

He wants to know if it can simply add "password" to pdf, word and excel files which don't have passwrod before. As a result, those pdf, words and excel files need user enter password before opening it. (Write protect may not need in this case).

Thx again!

Martin

Idynamic Media

Hong Kong Reseller

Hi Martin,

The process I shared in my last post can be used to set a password on a PDF file. You can set the privileges to AllowAll though. This way, when the file is opened, the user will be presented with a password input field and once the valid password is entered only then the PDF will be opened. All other privileges will be allowed to the user.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells team. Please see the document on how you may encrypt or password protect the file.
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/encrypting-files.html

Thank you.

Dear Aspose support team,

Thx a lot for you help! Client got answers for pdf and excel.

He would like to check if there is any comment from Words team, can you help to check if Words team can provide any comment, many thx!

Martin

Idynamic Media

Hong Kong Reseller

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your request. I am a representative of Aspose.Words team. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not allow encrypting MS Word documents. At the moment you can only protect documents. But there is no way to set password to open the documents.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once this feature is available.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1724) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)