Aspose Total for .NET

Hi, my question is:
We are using this product to convert office files like word, excel, powerpoint into pdf in a SharePoint 2007 site, one is the working site and the conversion goes to a publishing site, boths in SP2007. Can this product be used for the same purpose for SharePoint 2013?

Hi Javier,

Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells support SharePoint 2013 so you can work with Word and Excel files without any issue however Aspose.Slides does not support SharePoint 2013 so there is no guaranty if your PowerPoint documents will work with SharePoint 2013.

A new issue to support SharePoint 2013 for Aspose.Slides (PowerPoint documents) has been logged into our issue tracking system as SLIDESSHP-33165. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your answer, what about the other products from Total.NET like Visio, Project, barcodes, email, pdf, ocr, imaging, notes, do they support SP2013?

Hi Javier,

Sorry, I missed that you were referencing our .NET APIs. We have a separate product line for SharePoint as you can see at http://www.aspose.com/sharepoint/total-component.aspx. Only Aspose.Words for SharePoint and Aspose.Cells for SharePoint support SharePoint 2013 from that product line.

If you have built your customized web parts or you are already using our .NET APIs in SharePoint 2007, you can keep using the same in SharePoint 2013. There should be no issue in using .NET APIs in SharePoint 2013. If you see any issue, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hi, thank you for your answer. We use Total.NET in SP2007 (the dll’s only). Now, using this suite can those DLL’s works for SP2007?. We don’t use the suite Total for SharePoint. If not, are there any plants to have those DLL’s for the SP suite?

Hi Javier,

Yes, you can use Aspose.Total for .NET in SharePoint 2007 as well as SharePoint 2013.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your answer. Now, you are confusing me because you are saying that PowerPoint DLL can’t work for SP2013 (SLIDESSHP-33165) and that the DLL’s can work on SP2013, so? Are the other DLL’s (the whole package of components in Total.net) can work on SP2013 as well? Is the support the same as the one we have for the current tool Total.Net or have them changed?

Hi Javier,

Please disregard my first post where I mentioned SLIDESSHP-33165. That was not related to .NET and was posted because of confusion. All DLLs in Aspose.Total for .NET should work in SharePoint 2013.

Best Regards,