Aspose.Total.Lic Question

Hi Guys,

Just a quick questions. I had an issue where the “Evaluation copy” message was showing on the PDF documents even though the Aspose.Total.Lic file was in the appropriate directory.

We’ve embedded the license file now into the application and my question is, do I have to go around and delete the Aspose.Total.Lic file from all the locations the application is deployed? If it’s embedded into the application properly, it should no longer reference the separate/original file, correct?

Thanks for the help,
-Kevin

@kevinuppal,

Thank you for you inquiry. simply embedding the file will not work. You have to set the license before calling any API in your code logic.

Thanks Ikram. We have the Aspose embedded in the code logic, we’re just concerned that the original license file that is in the application directory which cause the “Evaluation copy” message.

Am I safe to leave it there if I’ve embedded the file and call it correctly?

@kevinuppal,

Yes, you are correct. If you have embedded the license file as resource in your application then there is no need to have the license file in the application directory. Furthermore if you have embedded the license file as resource and also have it in the directory even then it will not create any issue. It all depends on from where it is referenced and is it a valid license (not expired).