Aspose.Total License Stopped Working for Aspose.Images Only

Hello,

We are using Aspose.Total for our application, and have been using it since September of last year. All of a sudden, our Aspose.Imaging license began to stop being set and throwing exceptions on the .setLicense() method. Our code uses the license data as an input stream to set the license, but we cannot seem to get the license to correctly set, regardless of which overload of .setLicense() we use.

Specifically, the exception is:

class com.aspose.imaging.coreexceptions.FrameworkException: Invalid license signature. Please make sure the license file was not modified.
com.aspose.imaging.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

What could be causing this issue?

Please advise when you can.

Thank you for your help!

Hello, @drymers
Thank you for using Aspose.Imaging.
Which version of Aspose.Imaging do you use?

Hello @evgeniy.sidenko,

We use Asopse Imaging version 23.8 in this project.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you.

Did you renew or change your license file?
If you did not change nor Aspose Imaging nor license file they must work as earlier.

It is the same license file that we have always been using. We also use it for every other Aspose product in this project and it works as intended. However, it stopped setting the Aspose.Imaging license all of a sudden. It worked previously (up to Dec 2023).

Given that it works for other products but not Aspose.Imaging, we had a few questions:

1. Could another team using the license for Aspose.Imaging cause the license in our project to fail? There may be other internal teams that used the license for projects they spun up.
  2. Have the methods to set licenses for Aspose.Imaging been updated due to a bug?
  3. Is there a way to verify the integrity of the license?

Hi, @drymers .
I am sorry for delaying.
This situation is very strange.

1. No
  2. No
  3. License.setLicense does this.

Could you share with me your license for testing?

Hello, @drymers ,
How is it going? Did you solve the issue?
If no, please let me know

1. which method of License do you use?
com.aspose.imaging.License.setLicense(String)
com.aspose.imaging.License.setLicense(InputStream)
  1. How is your license stored? As a file or as a resource in your jar?