Aspose.Total License upgrade when SSRS is upgraded

Hi,
We currently own a Aspose.Total license for SSRS reports.
We are planning to upgrade our SSRS to latest version(2019), do we need to upgrade Aspose Extensions or will the existing Aspose extensions and license work?

Thank you,
Anantha

@ananthaparigi,

Please tell us your current aspose.cells.reportingservices.dll version and SSRS version.

We will make further answers based on the information you provide.

Thank you for the reply.

we have SSRS 2008R2 and Aspose.Cells 3.0 versions

@ananthaparigi,
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 3.0 does not support SQL Reporting Services 2019. So you need to upgrade Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

thank you so much for the reply.

so the latest Aspose.cells version will support SQL reporting services 2019 right? I am going to send email to sales@aspose.com for quote, so confirming once agin

@ananthaparigi ,

Now Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services has supported SQL Reporting Services 2019. Please try Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

From the link I see SSRS RDL to Excel Exporter | Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Reporting Services
there is no Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2019 mentioned. Please double check and confirm

• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2005
  • Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008
  • Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2
  • Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2012
  • Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2014
  • Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2016

@ananthaparigi,

We had updated the link SSRS RDL to Excel Exporter | Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please check it.

I tried to download free trial from your link SSRS RDL to Excel Exporter | Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and SSRS 2019 folder is not available. Please help, we have a production release in early Feb.

@ananthaparigi,

SSRS 2019 folder does not exist. Now There is only save SSRS2008, SSRS2008R2, and SSRS2016 folder in Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation folder.
Please check there is Aspose.Cells.ReportingSerices.DLL in ${SSRS 2019 installation folder}\SSRS\ReportServer\bin folder and update rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config in ${SSRS 2019 installation folder}\SSRS\ReportServer folder.

@ananthaparigi,

1. Please check there are Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services renderer configuration information in rsreportserver.config file and there are Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services code group policy configuration information in rssrvpolicy.config file.

2. Please check the SSRS log for errors about Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have SSRS 2019 installed in one Azure VM, but I do not see Aspose.Cells.ReportingSerices.DLL in ${SSRS 2019 installation folder}\SSRS\ReportServer\bin folder.
I have just downloaded free trial from the link SSRS RDL to Excel Exporter | Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and opened ZIP folder and I did not see 2019 folder, but I did not install in my local machine. I need to test our reports with Aspose extensions so that SS2019 works fine with free trial, before buying license.

Can you please guide me or screenshot where I can see.
Please let me know if I can chat or call you and close this post ASAP.

@ananthaparigi,

If you manual installation Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services for SSRS2019, please use Aspose.Cells.ReportingService.dll in the SSRS2016 folder to copy into ${SSRS 2019 installation folder}\SSRS\ReportServer\bin folder and update rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config file.

Aspose.Cells.ReportingService.dll in the SSRS2016 folder supports MS SSRS2016/2017/2019. Aspose.Cells.ReportingService.dll in the SSRS2008R2 folder supports MS SSRS2008R2/2012/2014.

Please refer to using the DLL-only section of the installation online document.

You may use Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.MSI to auto-install to SSRS2109.

Thank you so much, this helps me a lot.

We are trying to install licensed version for Aspose.cells for reporting services 2019 in an Azure VM, but it is asking for .net framework 3.5. We have .net framework 4.* intalled.
Is it pre requisite to install Aspose.Cells?

@devsoftware,

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services works fine on .NET Framework 4.x. See the System Requirements document for your reference. Which version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services version you are using? Please try our latest version for your needs.

We are installing MSI from same link, even though we have .net framework 4.0, installer is showing pre requisite to install 3.5

we were able to install .net framework 3.5 and then aspose.cells for reporting services and everything works fine

@devsoftware,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now. Feel free to write us back if you have further comments or questions.