Aspose Total .NET vs Group Doc Total .NET

Hello …

what is the different between Aspose .Total for .NET and Group Docs Total for .NET?

any list of its differences?

@calistasoft,

Thanks for contacting Support.

Aspose.Total for .NET is a bundle of APIs targeting .NET platform for PDF, MS Office and related formats creation as well as manipulation. However GroupDocs is a sister venture of Aspose which provides APIs for file viewing, Annotation, manipulation and various other operations through platform independent APIs (as they are Cloud APIs). Furthermore, when using GroupDocs, you do not need to install any API on your system but you can use them on the fly.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

is that mean Group Docs Total has more complete features compare to Aspose Total? And my client does not need Aspose Total if they used Group Docs?
Do you have features comparison matrix between them that shown what Group Docs have and neither Aspose or what Aspose have neither Group Docs?

@calistasoft,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currently we do not have feature comparison matrix. However please note that Aspose and GroupDocs APIs are targeted for different use cases. Each of the Aspose APIs targets to a specific file format and provides all the features and operations related to that file format i.e. Aspose.Pdf deals with the PDF documents and similarly, Aspose.Words provides Word document processing features and so on. On the other hand, each API at GroupDocs provides a package of some specific features that are related to a range of the document formats i-e GroupDocs.Viewer provides rendering of over 50 document formats. Furthermore, at GroupDocs the required features which are available in multiple Aspose APIs are put together and wrapped up into a single API to fulfill a specific purpose.

In you need to deal with MS Office file formats that may include Word documents, PowerPoint Presentations, Excel sheets and if you go with the Aspose APIs, you will have to use a separate API for each file format i.e. Aspose.Words for Word documents, Aspose.Cells for Excel sheets and so on. However, using GroupDocs.Viewer, for example, you can render all the Office file formats using the single API. When using GroupDocs.Annotation, you can add annotations to all the support file formats using single API.

Should you have any related query, please feel free to contact.