Aspose.Total on Asp.NET 5 and .NET CORE (CrossPlatform)

Hi!

Do you plan to release Aspose products for new Asp.NET 5 and cross platform .NET?

Hi Anatoliy,

We have not tested the APIs on .NET Core however an investigation ticket for this purpose has been logged into our issue tracking system as SUPPORT-10514. We will update you as soon as the investigation is complete.

You can also try the DLLs from net2.0 folder with .NET core and let us know if you see any issue.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Is it possible to get a notification when this has been investigated?

BR

Hi Anatoliy,

Yes, you will get notification about it.

Best Regards,

Any update on this?

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay. We are testing the latest versions of all APIs with .NET Core and will update you. In the meantime, you can also try the DLLs from net2.0 folder of the installation directory and let us know if you see any issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Craig,

.NET Core is not supported by Aspose APIs. New feature requests to support .NET Core in Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pdf have been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13612, CELLSNET-43816, SLIDESNET-37572 and PDFNET-40993 respectively.

These features require major restructuring and can take considerable time. We will keep you updated on these issues in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

We are using Aspose.words and Aspose.pdf components in our products and we are also waiting for the support of Aspose for .Net Core. Kindly provide us the expected dates for this feature.

thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the inquiry. We’re sorry to share with you that the ticket ID’s PDFNET-40993 and WORDSNET-13612 are not resolved yet.

PDFNET-40993: It is pending for the analysis.
WORDSNET-13612: It is postponed for a later date.

We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Hi,

I am starting a new dotnet core projet, and I am considering usage of Aspose Total for documents handling. Do you have an ETA for at least a beta version ? Having a buggy version is not a problem since we are just starting the devs.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the inquiry. It is difficult for us to provide an ETA before the completion of the analysis phase. Based on the initial analysis, we have to remove some dependencies on which .NET Framework relies. It demands a lot work as well. Anyway, we have recorded your ETA request. We’ll let you know once any update is available.

Hi

As we are in progress of upgrading our product to support .Net Core, we would like to have the ETA for Aspose.Words component. Please provide ETA for the same.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry. This problem (WORDSNET-13612) actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed for now (no ETA available). However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Hi!

Any update on .NET Core support?
Due to much broader API surface in Core 2.0 I guess it’d be much simpler to migrate Aspose libs onto .NET Core.
Anyway please provide some update. I believe all your customer are very interesting in .NET Core support.
Also it’d nice to have some place to track the progress.

Shrike:
Any update on .NET Core support?
Due to much broader API surface in Core 2.0 I guess it’d be much simpler to migrate Aspose libs onto .NET Core.
Anyway please provide some update. I believe all your customer are very interesting in .NET Core support.
Hi Sergei,

Thanks for contacting support.

The teams are working in investigating this requirement but I am afraid currently this support is not yet implemented. In fact for some of the APIs, it requires an implementation of some new classes and the supported versions of may become available in Q4-2017 or Q1-2018 but still its not a promise. However as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.
Shrike:
Also it’d nice to have some place to track the progress.
The feature requests are logged in our internal issue tracking system and I am afraid you may not have access to this system. Nevertheless, as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its implementation, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.
1 Like

Hello!

Are there any updates regarding this?

What do you recommend as a workaround in the mean time? I’ve tried quite a few things and haven’t gotten a success yet.

@gwert,

I am afraid the feature request to support .NET Core is not yet implemented and as shared above, the tentative plan is for Q4-2017 or Q1-2018. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

Any News for release date?

@michaelhelfenstein,

I am afraid currently we do not have updates regarding the release of APIs supporting .NET Core framework. However as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Hi.
I understand that no promises for release date was made.
But it’s 2 months are passed since .net core 2.0 rtm was released.
I believe you could understand already what hinder you from migrating Aspose libs onto .net core.
It’d be very helpful if you share some info here.
I honestly don’t quite understand what can be so complex in migrating a file format lib onto .net core taking into account so broad api surface introduced in netcore 2.0. Of cause I can be missing some points.
But please tell us at least that you’re working at the core implementation not just investigating.

BTW I believe having a netcore version with limited functionality but faster would be much better that waiting for full 100% parity with .net framework version.