Aspose Unlink field Function Query

Hi,I have a scenario for a word document which when converted into a pdf (using Aspose) will generate some error message in the table on page 13 of the document. The screenshot of the error message is attached. This is also the same case when we save the word file as a pdf using MS word. However, when I select all the content of the document and enter Ctrl+Shift+F9 (to unlink fields) for the document in word and save it as a pdf, I won’t get the error message in the table. I tried to process the same using aspose method -> Document.UnlinkFields and save the document as a pdf using aspose, but here I am still getting the same error message in the table. Could you please guide? I have attached the word document as well.
eDoc_2023-21750_eDocFile_42CFR52i_NPRM_-Digital_Sig-_XB_9.27.23_Original_4063430.docx (57.2 KB)

@vasudevan I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the following simple code:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.UnlinkFields();
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

Most likely, the problem on your side occurs because UnlinkFields method is called after updating fields in the document. The problematic fields in the document are NOTEREF fields, you can unlink or lock these fields before processing document:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.Range.Fields.Where(f => f.Type == FieldType.FieldNoteRef).ToList()
    .ForEach(f => f.IsLocked = true);
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

I have attached the output file I received using the code you provided. The file is named as WithUnlinkFields.pdf. You may notice we only have 1 table in the output pdf file whereas there are two tables in the original word file. This file, I generated using the free version of aspose.

If I use the paid version and generate the file in my program, I get the second table as well but with the errors. This file is also attached and named as PaidVersion.pdf.

WithUnlinkFields.pdf (135.7 KB)
PaidVersion.PDF (132.6 KB)

@vasudevan

This is expected, the document has been truncated due to the evaluation version limitation. In evaluation mode the maximum size of the processed document is limited to several hundreds of paragraphs.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Please make sure the fields are unlinked before updating field in the document. If the problem still persist, please create a simple console application that will allow us to reproduce the problem and attach it here. We will check the issue on our side and provide you more information.