Aspose Word and Aspose Excel Hanging

Hi There

We were intending to replace the use of POI with Aspose Words in our document indexing routines. The problem is while extracting text and indexing a large number of Word and Excel documents, ocassionally, Aspose Words and Aspose Excel literally freezes for 1 minute. It seems Aspose Word is somehow contacting the network. Is it performing a license check or obtaining a resource, I wonder? Furthermore, Aspose Excel is pracically unusable for text extraction. We are seeing deadlocks appearing all over the place.

This is what we are using to extract text:

protected void write(File file, int saveFormat) throws IOException {
InputStream is = null;
try {
is = data.getInputStream();
Document doc = new Document(is);
if (saveFormat==SaveFormat.HTML) {
HtmlSaveOptions options = new HtmlSaveOptions(saveFormat);
options.setExportImagesAsBase64(true);
doc.save(file.getPath(),options);
} else {
doc.save(file.getPath(),saveFormat);
}
} catch (Exception e) {
throw new IOException(“failed to extract text from office file: {”+data.getName()+"}"+ e.getMessage());
} finally {
StreamUtil.closeWithLogging(is);
}

}

Are there any other options we must supply to stop Aspose from contacting the network?
Also, may I ask what versions of Excel and Word do Aspose libraries support.

Please advise.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.6.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Regarding your query about Aspose.Cells, I am moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Cells team will reply you shortly.

Hi

I would like to address the issue regarding Aspose.Cells. Please download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.0.5 and let us know your feedback.
If the problem still remains for Aspose.Cells for .NET, please attach your input Excel file/document and paste your sample code (runnable) here or preferably create a sample console application (you may zip it prior attaching here) with v7.5.0.5 to share it here. We will investigate the issue soon.

Thank you.