Aspose.Word bulk print mail merge to printer

Hi,

I am using the Aspose.word to perform mail merge and send to printer to print.

Previously we were using the office word library to do that, and it was able to send to the printer only 1 print job with multiple mail merge records.
.Destination = NetOfficeWord.Enums.WdMailMergeDestination.wdSendToPrinter

Now with Aspose.word, I need to call the Print() function every time after the mail merge, this would send to the printer individual printing job for each mail merge record.

I am wondering is there any method inside Aspose.word to send to the printer only 1 printing job with multiple mail merge records.

@bensonruanccg

You do not need to call Document.Print method after performing mail merge each time. If you are performing mail merge and saving document for each record, we suggest you please join the documents and then call the Document.Print method for final document. One print call for one document.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document and code example (source code without compilation error) here for our reference. We will investigate the issue and provide you solution according to your requirement.

The problem I am facing now is we have a 3rd party printing integration, before when we used NetOffice we were able to send to the printer 1 print job with multiple mail merge records, then the 3rd party could be able to pick that up from the printer and show 1 print job record with multiple mail merge records. The 3rd party then be able to identify for each mail merge record where is the address area in the document.
But by what you suggested above, once I join all the documents together and print, that 1 print job won’t be able to show multiple mail merge records

@bensonruanccg

Aspose.Words enables you to generate documents from templates with mail merge fields using simple operation and mail merge with regions. We suggest you please read the following articles.
Simple Mail Merge Operation
Mail Merge with Regions

Aspose.Words does support your requirement. You need to perform the simple mail merge operation and send document to printer for print. There is no need of 3rd party printing integration. Please ZIP and attach your Word template document. We will then provide you more information about your query.