Aspose.Word chart support

Hi,

I have got through several topics about Aspose.Word’s chart support, but most of them are either very specific or outdated.

My questions are more general. I need to have my reports generated in .docx file format, including both text and charts. Obviously, having text formatted in particular way is not a problem since that is defined in word templates, however, the charts should also look in a certain way. Ideally they would be defined in WYSIWYG editor (like Excel) not code, but that is not critical.

What are the possibilites to achieve that with Aspose? Which products are necessary and what can be done with Aspose.Word only? (once more, I need to create the charts, not only insert prepared ones)
Is it possible to have open xml, editable charts generated as well?
Are there placeholders for charts/images defined in the templates or are they inserted from code directly?

Sorry, maybe there are answers already available, but it is not possible spend days on the forums and testing trials for every product on the market.

Regards
Mikolaj

Hi Mikolaj,

Thanks for your inquiry.

First of all please note that Aspose.Words currently does not provide API classes to be able to create charts from scratch and update them with new values. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is available.

Secondly, in your case I would suggest you first save your updated charts as images and you can always use mergefields as placeholders for these chart images in Word template and then insert these images during mail merge. Please follow the link to learn how to achieve this:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/types-of-mail-merge-operations/

As long as your charts are in Image format, you can insert them anywhere n your Word document using Aspose.Words.

Moreover, Aspose.Cells component provides many charting objects that can be used to create charts in a flexible manner. Please see the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/cells/net/creating-charts/

Please let us know if you need more information, we are always glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Do you predict to develop mentioned API soon? (by the end of this year for example)

Should I understand, that you suggest using Aspose.Cells to create charts , then convert them from code to images, so they can be inserted (as images) to Word files? Is there any use of Aspose.Diagrams here as well?

Is it possible to design charts in Excel and then just populate it with the data through Aspose?

Hi
Mikolaj,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding the charts API, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Secondly, yes, you can create charts with Aspose.Cells and then merge them as images in Word documents by using Aspose.Words. Moreover, I can not see any usage of Aspose.Diagram here in your case as Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with Microsoft Visio files. Also, you can post your Aspose.Cells related queries directly in Aspose,Cells public forum.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4617) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(16)