Aspose.Word convert to PDF failing on Aws Linux

Hello!,
We are doing a trial for aspose.word in order to convert files into pdf. Our resource is an AWS Lambda Function, over which we don’t handle any control whether is running on Linux or Windows server, however, we do noticed that we have issues converting into pdf when running on a Linux server. We were told that aspose can be use in serverless architecture, but it does seem to have a problem when running on linux due to some dependency over SkiaSharp.
Do you have any work around for this? or planning to resolve this issue soon?

Thanks in advance!

@javcavallo

Please note that .NET Standard 2.0 version of Aspose.Words uses SkiaSharp to deal with graphics. To make it work in Linux container it is required to add Linux native Skia library. Please add reference to SkiaSharp.NativeAssets.Linux

Hi Tahir,
Thanks for the quick response, let me try your recommendation, and I’ll let you know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Tahir,

We have tried your recommendation, however, it didn’t work as well.
I found this post as well, and the solution didn’t work for others as well.
Is there any other recommendation? Otherwise, aspose won’t work for our needs.

Regards!

@javcavallo

Could you please share the detail of issue that you are facing? Are you facing any exception or issue is with output PDF?

Please share the complete steps that you are using to reproduce this issue at our end. Please also share your input document and problematic output PDF here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

A post was split to a new topic: Font substitution issue at AWS Lambda