We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Word doc converted from HTML text gets too larger

Hi,

I am using older version of Aspose.words to generate word document from html text. The html text contains some images with low resolution size. Aspose generates the resulting document with 9 MB size. When i copy all the contents and save to a new word document the file size i get is 136 KB.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can the new version for aspose word be helpful for this?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your HTML document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please find attached file HTMLText.zip for more details.

Thanks again.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for additional information. I tried converting your HTML to DOC using the latest version of Aspose.Words and size of output document is ~1.5MB. After open/save using MS Word file size is significantly decreased.

It seems the problem occurs because there are a lot of merged cells in your document and content in merged cells is duplicated. You can use the following code to work the problem around:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test001\HTMLText.htm");

RemoveContentFromMergedCells(doc);

doc.Save(@"Test001\out.doc");

===============================================================

///

/// Remove content from merged cells.

///

public void RemoveContentFromMergedCells(Document doc)

{

// Remove content from merged cells.

// Get collection of cells in the docuemnt.

NodeCollection cells = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Cell, true);

foreach (Cell cell in cells)

{

// Check whether cell is merged with previouse.

if (cell.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge == CellMerge.Previous ||

cell.CellFormat.VerticalMerge == CellMerge.Previous)

{

// Remove content from the cell.

cell.RemoveAllChildren();

}

}

}

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards.

Hi,

I tried the code you gave and that worked !!!! Now the generated document is having 189 KB size.

It is a very awesome solution.

Thanks a lot for this.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1739) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)