Aspose Word failed to load Word 2003 XML file

Hi,

I have used Aspose Words (16.3.0.0) to convert from xml to PDF (in this
case, it’s a infected Word 2003 XML), and Aspose failed with exception “The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.”. This attached file is opened by MS Word with no error

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(inputXmlFile);// throw exception here
doc.Save(outputXmlFile, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 16.4.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-13546. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi, I attached more INFECTED files to test.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged a separate issue for the files contained inside Aspose_sent.zip. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-13574. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13546) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13574) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi aspose,

I have used Aspose Words (17.4.0.0) to convert from xml to PDF (in this
case, it’s a clean “Word 2003 Xml” and “Word Xml”).
These attached file is opened by MS Word with no error.
Problem: the xml files have 8 pages but the converted pdf has 80 pages. Please tell me where do the other pages come from?
My codes is
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(inputXmlFile);// throw exception here
doc.Save(outputXmlFile, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can accept all tracked changes in these XML documents before saving to PDF to get the desired output.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"multiplepagewimage_1.xml");
doc.AcceptAllRevisions();
doc.Save(MyDir + @"17.4.pdf");

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,