Aspose Word features

Hello,

I'd like to find out if Aspose Word has the following features:

• an ability to create tables within tables
  • to place pictures in tables
  • to change the document background
  • what are the standard tools
  • is ther an executable version of Aspose Word that can serve for the features evaluation?

Thank you

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Word.

The easiest way to create tables, insert images as well as any other content is to use the DocumentBuilder class and its methods. Nested tables are supported.

Changing whole document background is not possible programmatically yet, but I will log this as a feature request. In the meantime you can workaround to some extent if you insert an image into a header or footer of the document, the image will serve as a watermark on all pages.

If you download Aspose.Word and install it, it will work in evaluation mode until you supply it with a license. The instllation includes a demo project that creates several documents and shows various techniques including using DocumentBuilder to create tables and insert images.

Privet Roman (I assumed that you speak Russian?)

Thank you for the prompt reply. I've opened the "Aspose.Word.Demos.WinForms.csproj" file in Visual Studio and reviewed the sample files. What I still would like to know is what the standard GUI interface looks like.

Let's say that user has no MS Word on his machine. If we have created application with Aspose Word would the user get an external editor opening Aspose Word documents or not?

Спасибо,

Роберт

Привет, Роберт,

Roman's timezone is currently in the night so let me answer instead. Aspose.Word produces absolutely regular Word documents so they can be opened by any software that supports it including MS Word itself. At the moment Aspose.Word does not provide any GUI intended for viewing or editing documents. However, we are working on Aspose.Word.Viewer that allows to view or print documents programmatically. Beta version of the viewer is currently included in the Aspose.Word API.

If you have further questions, feel free to post them here. Thanks for the request.

Большое спасибо Дмитирий,

Я искал именно эту информацию.

Всего наилучшего,

Роберт