Aspose Word for Java - rtf to pdf conversion formating issue

Hi,
We are using aspose word to convert rtf to pdf. And we found some strange differences between rtf document and pdf document. The differences are in fond size and the bullet points converted to numbering. Please find the example below.
Rtf document has :

• set out below;
  • in the Home Loan – Facility Master Agreement as amended from time to time (“agreement”);
  • in the Facility Fees section of the Personal Account, Service and Facility Fees Brochure (as amended by us from time to time); and
  • in any other *facility documents.

After converting to pdf bullet points became numbers.

1. set out below;
  2. in the Home Loan – Facility Master Agreement as amended from time to time (“agreement”);
  3. in the Facility Fees section of the Personal Account, Service and Facility Fees Brochure (as amended by *us *from time to time); and
  4. in any other facility documents.
  • And you can see the font also changed.

Any solution to keep exactly same as rtf document.
Thanks,
Sunam

Some Other fomating issues:

RTF Document PDF Document after conversion.
- is deemed to be a valid and binding instruction from all the persons named as Customer; and
- shall be accepted by all the named persons as conclusive evidence that we are authorised to comply with the same.
1 is deemed to be a valid and binding instruction from all the persons named as Customer; and
2 shall be accepted by all the named persons as conclusive evidence that we are authorised to comply with the same.
1. Initial Unpaid Balance:NIL (as at the date of this letter of advice/statement).
2. Interest Details:
Method of charging interest: Interest charges are calculated by multiplying the amount outstanding at the end of the day by the daily interest rate. The daily interest rate is calculated by dividing the agreed annual interest rate by 365. Unless otherwise provided in the agreement or this letter of advice, interest will be debited from the specified account on the last business day of each month. A minimum debit interest charge of $1 per month applies.
2.1 As at the date of this letter of advice/statement the agreed annual interest rate is 6.58% per annum. This comprises the prevailing standard variable rate for Mortgage One Housing Loans (currently 6.9% per annum) **less **a *customer margin *of 0.32% per annum.
1) Initial Unpaid Balance:NIL (as at the date of this letter of advice/statement).
2) Interest Details:
**Method of charging interest: **Interest charges are calculated by multiplying the amount *outstanding *at the end of the day by the daily interest rate. The daily interest rate is calculated by dividing the *agreed annual interest rate *by 365. Unless otherwise provided in the *agreement *or this letter of advice, interest will be debited from the *specified account *on the last *business day *of each month. A minimum debit interest charge of $1 per month applies.
a) As at the date of this letter of advice/statement the *agreed annual interest rate *is **6.58% **per annum. This comprises the prevailing standard variable rate for Mortgage One Housing Loans (currently **6.9% **per annum) **less **a *customer margin *of **0.32% **per annum.
The *customer margin *is made up of the following:
TYPE OF MARGIN MARGIN PERCENTAGE
Base Interest Rate Margin **less 0.32% **per annum
**Customer Margin (Total) less 0.32% **per annum

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,
I have attched the rtf document.
Thanks,
Sunam

Hi Sunam,
I can see bullet points being converted to numbering list issue with Aspose.Words for Java 10.5.0 but I think the formatting problem is fixed in this new version. Please find attached the output PDF file. I think someone from aspose staff can look into numbering issue in more details.

Hi Sunam,
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce both of the problems on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as they are resolved.
By the way, both of the issues disappears after open/save your RTF document in MS Word. So as a temporary workaround, you can simply open/save the document in MS Word and then use Aspose.Words to convert the document to PDF.
Best regards,

Hi,
We cannot manually open the rtf document in MS word and convert it to pdf. In our case we have automated the process. The RTF will be generated by Oracle tool, aspose jar will convert it to pdf and pdf will be stored in sharepoint.
We like to have another workaround solution or a fix for this issue. Our production release dates are just 3 weeks away, please provide as quick fix for this issue.
Meanwhile I will download the latest jar and use it to remove formatting issues.
Thanks,
Sunam

Hi Sunam,
Thanks for your request. unfortunately, I cannot suggest you any other workaround of this issue. Our developers will analyze the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,

Do you have any update on this issue.

If not ,please provide ETA.

Thanks,
Sunam

Hi
Thanks for your request. There is no news about this issue yet. Unfortunately, the responsible developer did not finish the analysis yet. So I cannot provide you an estimate at the moment.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5423;WORDSNET-5424) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.