Aspose Word For .NET Questions

Hello,
We are currently looking at Aspose Words for .NET to use in a project for a customer. It would be useful if you could answer a few questions for me please:

1. Does it support documents created in Office 2010 using the docx file format?
  2. Can we programmatically create PDF documents from a given Word 2010 document?
  3. Does the PDF correclty contain all the links to the correct locations in the document or is it just static text (e.g. table of content links)?
  4. Can all the bookmarks within the Word document be correctly calculated before the PDf is created?

Many thanks,
Paul

Hello

Thanks for your interest in Aspose products.

1. Load and save Word 2010 OOXML documents (ISO 29500 Transitional) is supported starting from 9.0.0 version of Aspose.Words for NET.
  2. Of course, please see the following link to learn how to save a document to PDF:
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
  3. Yes, the output PDF will contain all the links to the correct locations exactly as Word document.
  4. Regarding working with bookmarks collection please see the following link:
    https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/bookmarkcollection/

Please let me know in case of any issues I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hi,
Thankyou for your reply. I’m trying out an Aspose.Words evaluation copy and I’m getting extra markers in the PDF bookmarks. Code is as follows:

Dim myOpt As New Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions
Dim myDoc As New Aspose.Words.Document("C:\TEMP\Files\YBB071 Final report B.docx")
myOpt.BookmarksOutlineLevel = 9
myOpt.HeadingsOutlineLevels = 9
myDoc.Save("C:\TEMP\Files\YBB071 Final report B.docx.pdf", myOpt)

Output contains correct headings but also strage tags such as:
_TOC234614325
and
_REF564635568
Why would this be?
Regards,
Paul.

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the problem and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hello,
Unfortunately the documents belong to our clients and are marked confidential so unfortunately I can’t do that. Sorry about that. I’ll see if I can get an unrestricted document to send you.
Thanks,
Paul.

Hello,
I’ve attached another document with the same problems and the related PDF. Also note some of the hyperlinks are not present in the PDF.
Thanks,
Paul.

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21729) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.