We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Word for Sharepoint converting a document is not showing splookup description

Hi,
we are creating a solution for SharePoint and we are using Aspose.Word for SharePoint to convert Word documents.
this Word documents had inserted some SharePoint lookup fields in the body and Word is showing the description. when we convert the document to PDF, the resulting document is showing the ID of the lookup value.

can you explain the necessary configuration changes or correct convertion process?

thanks
siscu

Hi Siscu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your input Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,



I attach two documents, the Word document you can see two lines one with the title property and a second line with the lookup property. The lookup value is showing the description of the value (without the ID).

The PDF document is showing the title correctly, but the lookup is showing the ID.



thanks

Siscu

Hi Siscu,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10777/WORDSSP-231. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,
i am grateful with your celerity of your answers.

can you tell me how long the developers takes to provide a solution?

thanks
Siscu

Hi Siscu,


Thanks for your inquiry. WORDSNET-10777 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Siscu,


Thanks for being patient. It is to update you that our development team has completed the detailed analysis of this issue. We have decided to close these issues with “Not a bug” resolution.

The content of the SDT (StructuredDocumentTag) seems to be wrong in the document, so when it gets updated, it is fixed by Aspose.Words. If you go into MS Word and try to change the value of this SDT, you will get a notification that “Only positive integers are allowed”, meaning that MS Word is actually unhappy about the content of this SDT as well. So, we plan to close this as not a bug. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,