I guess I have to post this here since you have nobody on a phone who I can talk to. I am looking for a solution that will perform functionality similar to TX Text Control. Specifically...
- Deliver a web page to a user which will allow them to create a Word like document complete with merge fields and merge blocks (for repeating records within the same document as non-repeating data).
- Allow functionality via the web page to save the document to the web server as a template.
- Allow mail merge at the server which can then display the merged document to the web page.
- Allow the server to generate a pdf of the merged document.
- All functionality must work across all browser platforms, not just IE - I assume I would want the java version?
From what I can tell you have the merge functionality, but your web site is not clear about being able to present in a web page the ability for the user to create the document. All I could see was someone using MS Word to create the document and then upload it or something to be used by the server.
I have attached a screenshot of our current TX TextControl deployment that I would like to replicate on a platform that has less issues with deployment security.
It would be wonderful if someone with detailed functional knowledge could call me. My phone number is in my profile.
And if Aspose doesn't do this, if anyone who sees this has suggestions on alternatives, please post them here.