Aspose Word: Get Document Markup settings Java

Hi,

I am using aspose-15.8 to process a word document. When track changes is enabled, a document can have options to allow “ALL MARKUP”, “SIMPLE MARK-UP” and “NO-MARKUP”. Is there a way to find the mark-up settings of the document? I would like to know if there is an Api to find the mark up settings when the document was saved.

Thanks,
Nandu

Hi Nandu,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Words does not support to get “Display for Review” values. We have logged a ticket WORDSJAVA-1596 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and implementation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

I made use of the RevisionOptions class to get the revisionBars and revisionMarks values. But the values are set to true for all documents.

This is the function used:

void checkRevisionOptions(String srcFile) throws Exception {

Document document = new Document(srcFile);

System.out.println(document.getLayoutOptions().getRevisionOptions().getShowRevisionBars());

System.out.println(document.getLayoutOptions().getRevisionOptions().getShowRevisionMarks());

}

I would like to know why it is not working as expected?

Thanks,
Nandu

Hi Nandu,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-1596, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you are observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words for Java. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. Please see the following details:

This functionality is already available. ‘Simple Markup’ is the following combination of the revision options properties.

ShowRevisionMarks = false
ShowRevisionBars = true
ShowOriginalRevision = false

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Please find attached document: (mySimpleMarkup.docx) with track-changes enabled in simple-markup review settings. But all values (ShowRevisionMarks, ShowRevisionBars, IsShowOriginalRevision) are set to true. I am using the function above to get the review display values. Would like to know where am I going wrong.

Hi Nandu,

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems Display of Review settings are application level (MS Word) settings not document specific. If I open your shared document in MS Word 2016 it shows All Markup instead of Simple Markup. Please note All Markup is default value of Display for Review of MS Word. You may try to open your shared word document on some other system to check this behavior.

Best Regards,