Aspose word .net repeating section content control issue

Hi,

I am trying to save word (.docx) file with repeating section content control.

It does save the repeating section content controls but the plus (+) sign is missing.

Please advise

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share following detail for investigation purposes.

• Please attach your input Word documents.
  • Please create a standalone/runnable simple application (for example a Console Application Project) that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to generate your output document
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach your target Word document showing the desired behavior. You can use Microsoft Word to create your target Word document. I will investigate as to how you are expecting your final document be generated like.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the Document(s) and simplified application. We need your Document(s) and simple project to reproduce the problem. As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a test project that demonstrates the issue.
This project simply takes a word document and uses aspose to saves it again as a word document and also a pdf.

Here are the issues:

1. Input doc has a repeating section which gets garbled in the output word doc
  2. The repeating section in the output word document is generated without plus sign, meaning you cannot add a section
  3. The pdf output has the header overlap with the content, notice the second page of the pdf document where the overlap is more evident

I really appreciate your help in this matter.
Let me know if all this makes sense.

Thanks
Prakash

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-9956 : Repeating content control is lost after re-saving the Docx
WORDSNET-9957 : Header contents overlap with the body content in output Pdf

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your patience.

It is to inform you that our development team has completed the work on the issue (WORDSNET-9956) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

SaveOptions.Comliance is OoxmlCompliance.Ecma376_2006 by default, in this case Aspose.Words does not write DOCX extensions. Please use the following code snippet to achieve the required output and let us know if you have any more queries.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"input.docx");
OoxmlSaveOptions options = new OoxmlSaveOptions();
options.Compliance = OoxmlCompliance.Iso29500_2008_Transitional;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"output.docx", options);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9957) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.5 update also available on NuGet.