Aspose Word- programatically merge table cells? OR insert multiple images vertically in one cell?

Can you programatically merge cells in a Word Table vertically. eg. row 10, cell 0 merged with row 11, cell 0 to make one vertical cell, but leaving cell1 in both rows on the right?

I need to insert multiple images down the right column (cell 1 in each row), but have the text describing the images in one vertical cell on the left.

I can only see properties describing existing merges in the document, not how to actually do a merge. Also, I don't know how many images there will be (could be 2-10).

Can you programatically insert multiple images into one cell, one under the other, then I wouldn't need to merge cells at all.

Any help, ideas on this scenario (doing mailmerge with Word document, and DocumentBuilder.InsertImage) would be so much appreciated. :-)

Many thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Barry:
Can you programatically merge cells in a Word Table vertically. eg. row 10, cell 0 merged with row 11, cell 0 to make one vertical cell, but leaving cell1 in both rows on the right?
Please try using the following code snippet:
Document doc = new Document(@“c:\temp\in.docx”);

Table tbl = doc.FirstSection.Body.Tables[0];

HorizontallyMergeCells(tbl.Rows[0].Cells[1], tbl.Rows[0].Cells[2]);
VerticallyMergeCells(tbl.Rows[0].Cells[0], tbl.Rows[1].Cells[0]);

doc.Save(@“c:\temp\out.docx”);

private static void HorizontallyMergeCells(Cell c1, Cell c2)
{
c1.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.First;

//Move all content from next cell to previous
foreach (Node child in c2.ChildNodes)
c1.AppendChild(child);

c2.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.Previous;
}

private static void VerticallyMergeCells(Cell c1, Cell c2)
{
c1.CellFormat.VerticalMerge = CellMerge.First;

//Move all content from bottom cell to top
foreach (Node child in c2.ChildNodes)
c1.AppendChild(child);

c2.CellFormat.VerticalMerge = CellMerge.Previous;
}

Secondly, to be to insert multiple images in a cell, I would suggest you use MailMerge fields for each Image inside that cell and then perform simple mail merge operation. Please see the following code snippet for inserting Images from files:

Document doc = new Document(@“c:\temp\in.docx”);

doc.MailMerge.Execute(
new string[] { “img1”, “img2”},
new object[] { @“c:\temp\1.jpg”, @“c:\temp\2.jpg” });

doc.Save(@“c:\temp\out.docx”);

Moreover, I would suggest you please read the following useful article:
http://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsnet/How+to++Insert+Images+from+a+Database

Best Regards,

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your inquiry.

You can also achieve the same thing by using vertical and horizontal merge of a table. For an easy method of achieving this you can look into using the “MergeCells” method from this article here: http://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsnet/Working+with+Merged+Cells

Thanks,