The Product Suite
We’re proposing to make a product suite Aspose.Word.Suite which includes:
1. Aspose.Word.Engine. It is the existing Aspose.Word, an invisible control that enables you to read and write Word documents in your Windows or Web applications. It will be renamed to Aspose.Word.Engine when the product suite is available for sale.
2. Aspose.Word.Web. It is proposed be a Web visible control that enables you to write Web applications to allow your customers to view and edit Word documents in Web pages.
3. Aspose.Word.Windows. It is proposed be a Windows visisblel control that enables you to write Windows applications to allow your customers to view and edit Word documents in Windows forms.
The Inside Out
Everything is under proposal so I can not mention too much here on how the product suite will look like. However, two things are quite sure.
1. Microsoft Word.
(1). With Aspose.Word.Engine and Aspose.Word.Windows, without much effort, you are able to make a Windows application that looks like a simplified version of Microsoft Word for Windows.
(2). With Aspose.Word.Engine and Aspose.Word.Web, without much effort, you are able to make a Web application that looks like a simplified version of Microsoft Word for Web.
(1). Aspose.Word.Engine can be used independently without Aspose.Word.Web and Aspose.Word.Windows.
(2). Both Aspose.Word.Web and Aspose.Word.Windows are dependent on Aspose.Word.Engine.
(3). Aspose.Word.Web and Aspose.Word.Windows are independent on each other.
I welcome you guys to request features in this forum for the Aspose.Word.Suite.
Do you still have any plans for developing this component? This would be really useful for our applications together with the pdf control.
How far are You with this product? We’re very intrested in it, since we’d like to implement an embedded *.doc editor in our app in next few months. Will it be capable of displaying pdfs as well?
Right now, I’m mainly interested in the Windows control.
Some features we would appreciate are:
- viewer: it should allow the user to view documents only, with even no possibility to print or even copy the text.
- it would be great if it could display pdf files
- spell checking should be easy to add
- should work with Word XML