Aspose word to epub conversion list item giving wrong number of spaces after decorator

Hi All,

I am using aspose to convert word doc into epub.
There are two issue i am facing on different environment.
Issue 1: Aspose html contains multiple nbsp after the list decorator. But it giving me different number of nbsps on different version of linux kernel.
For kernel 4.9 sometimes aspose output gives 9, 13 or 18 nbsps
for kernel 4.4 it creates ol with list-style-type as disc.
for kernel 3.2 it gives 12 nbsps

18 nbsp are generated in (Linux kernel 4.9.x), while only 12 nbsp are generated in(Linux kernel 3.2.x​​​​​​​​​​​​​​)

Which is correct one? how can i make the number of spaces consistent across the
different kernels?
Issue 2: Why for 4.4 aspose is creating the ol/ul with list-style-type as disc.

Attached file is here kernel.docx.zip (12.0 KB)

Updated the attachment content.

@pawan52tiwari,

To address problem 1, we have logged WORDSNET-17408 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Can you please explain this problem further? Please ZIP and upload Aspose.Words generated output HTML/EPUB files showing the undesired behavior here for further testing. Please also create a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) all the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated output document and share it here for our reference. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks for you response. You can leave the problem 2 , i was passing the flage to aspose to generate ol/ul instead of p and span tag.

I need a solution for problem 1. Is it existing bug in aspose?
I think this bug is because of font only. How can i get what all the fonts used by aspose while converting word to epub.

How can i track WORDSNET-17408
Can you please confirm whether this is issue or not?
In case if attached input works at your side then let me know what all the fonts i needed to installed on my machine to convert word to html correctly?

@pawan52tiwari,

Regarding problem#1,

We have converted your Word document to EPUB format (see 18.9-epub.zip (2.7 KB)) on our end by using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.9 and attached it here for your reference.

Do you see the same problem with this EPUB? Can you please create a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) all the problematic areas in this Aspose.Words generated output document and share it here for our reference? Thanks for your cooperation.

@pawan52tiwari,

I am afraid, there is no direct way that you can use to track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask your issue status via forum threads. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

Also, please refer to the following article:
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

@pawan52tiwari,

Regarding WORDSNET-17408, it is to update you that we have completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. Please check the following analysis details.

The different amount of &nbsp is related to different fonts in Windows and Linux.
A width of white space Char in ‘Calibri’ font defines the amount of &nbsp in this document.
In Linux, this font is replaced by a close font and after adding ‘Calibri’ font to Linux the amount of &nbsp in the output document is the same.
So, in order to have the same behavior in different versions of Linux, it is necessary that the font and its version be exactly the same.

Hope, this helps.