We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose word to html conversion for drop caps is not working properly

Hi,

I am converting the word doc into html by using aspose 15.8 version.
My doc has drop caps but when I convert that doc into html then it generate some random string for dropcap.

Generated dropcap tag is given below
<span style="font-family:'Calibri (Body)'; font-size:56pt; vertical-align:-5pt">8dc33c75-f53a-4531-ad95-2ea6635cb379</span>

Why my DropCap “A” is getting converted into the random guid.

Another question is whenever i have any shape in word docx then also conversion fails. To fix the issue i have to down grad the docx into doc.
What are the list of shapes supported by aspose 15.8

@pawan52tiwari,

The latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.5 produces the following HTML for the Dropped Cap character.

<div style="float:left">
    <p style="margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; page-break-after:avoid; line-height:43.45pt">
        <span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:58.5pt; vertical-align:-4.5pt">D</span>
    </p>
</div> 

We used the following code on our for testing (see docs.zip (9.8 KB)):

Document doc = new Document("D:\\temp\\input.docx");

HtmlSaveOptions opts = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Html);
opts.PrettyFormat = true;

doc.Save("D:\\Temp\\18.5.html", opts);

Please try latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.5 on your end. In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your input Word document (you are getting this problem with) here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

I am using java apis.
Are you saying drop caps are not supported by 15.8.
I can not simply upgrade the jar version.

@pawan52tiwari,

Please find attached Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 generated output: Java-Docs.zip (9.8 KB).

Please try latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.5 on your end.

Unfortunately, we do not provide support for older versions of Aspose.Words. Please note that we do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose.Words either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of Aspose.Words. So, you will have to upgrade if you need new features or fixes.

I have tried with aspose 17.9.0 Still getting the same response.

@pawan52tiwari,

Please try latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.5 on your end.

If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for Java’ 18.5 without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?