Aspose.words 15.10.0 jar and latest license throwing an exception

I am trying to upgrade aspose.words from version 11.4.0 to 15.10.0. I downloaded the latest license from my aspose account, as well as the jar file for aspose.words for java v15.10.0. But, when I try to use it to remove the watermark from documents, server throws the following exception:

HTTP Status 500 - Servlet execution threw an exception

type Exception report

message Servlet execution threw an exception

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

root cause

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
asposewobfuscated.zz92.zzI1(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzKR.zzI1(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzZOD.zzX(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
dataService.document.Document.doc2pdf(Document.java:836)
au.com.mercury.servlets.SendFileServlet.doGet(SendFileServlet.java:54)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.56 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.56

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please post your license file via mail to us. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. In order to post your license file to us please follow the instructions provided in the following link:

How to send your license file to an Aspose staff member?

PS: Please make sure the license file was not modified i.e. the license file becomes corrupted if it's modified in any way and it's digital signature does not match the content of the file. Please make sure you did not open the license in notepad or something like that and edited it, even adding an empty line can break this license file.

Best regards,

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing the license file. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for Java 15.10.0, we were unable to reproduce this exception on our end. Are you using any third party Libraries/SDK in addition to Aspose.Words? Can you please create a new standalone application and test this scenario. If the problem still remains in a new application, please attach that simple test application here for our reference. We will investigate the issue further on our side and provide you more information.

Best regards,