Aspose.Words 8.0.0 - System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a closed Stream when opening an EML File

Hello,

we have installed a new version 8.0.0 in productive environment and get as soon bunch of errors with returned mails!

Within Demo-Tool we can repeat this error in our test-environment:

Document Explorer.exe

Version 1.0.3632.29553

Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2010 10:51:51

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a closed Stream.
at System.IO.__Error.StreamIsClosed()
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
at Aspose.Words.Document.ӽ(Stream Ӿ, LoadFormat ӿ, String Ԁ)
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(Stream stream, String baseUri, LoadFormat loadFormat, String password)
at DocumentExplorer.MainForm.OpenDocument() in D:\Program Files\Aspose_800\Aspose.Words\Demos\CSharp\DocumentExplorer\MainForm.cs:line 472

Interestingly, with Aspose.Words 6.6.0 we DON’T get the Error but as I can see now, we get constantly WRONG rendering results! This is can be catastrophal, because rendering results will be used for manual postprocessing of banking orders!

I’ve attached EML-File and old results (as screenshoots from test-Tool).

Now, we must inform our big customer really urgent about possible problem resolution.

Therefore it would be very nice, if I can get status about this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks in advice.

Hello Alex!

Thank you for your request.

As I can see the attached document has multipart/report MIME type. This is not currently supported. You probably mean that I should check the document inside it. Okay, there is no problem with that e-mail. Exception with closed stream is not reproduced on my side, sorry.

We potentially can handle multipart/report but it’s a very application specific case. Next question is what to do with attachments. Aspose.Words creates a document model from an imported file. Attachments would have been represented by OLE objects but inserting OLE objects into documents is not supported too. Most affordable is treating any unsupported multipart subtype as if it was multipart/mixed. This is reasonable. But it doesn’t solve the problem with attachments.

Please let me know what kind of a solution you expect from us. We’ll probably find the way out.

Regards,

Hello Viktor,

thanks for Your response!

The exception above is catched every time, in production environment and in simple test application also…

The best way is to render the EML like it would be done by common mail clients like Outlook - it this case rendered page would be results in very simple text:

This is the mail system at host sas.vrnetze.de.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

zahlungsverkehr@volksbank-laichingen.de: host
cluster8.eu.messagelabs.com[85.158.139.163] said: 550-Invalid recipient
zahlungsverkehr@volksbank-laichingen. 550 de (#5.1.1) (in reply to RCPT
TO command)

And this is very common case, because our customer make operational processing for some hundreds clients - the mail adresses can change, server can be done or busy, mail account full etc.

It is absolutely clear for me, that we can’t produce the attachments (opposite to inline embedded content like images inside html) and especially attachment with unknown types :slight_smile: This is also not a requirement! In our environment attachmets would be exctracted from EML, stored and proceeded separatelly, and only attachments with renderably types (like JPG, PNG ans some others) became separatelly visual sheets.

Thank you!

Hello Alex!

This sounds reasonable. I’ll update the code by the next public build. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14215) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.