Aspose.Words 9.3: Problem in number formatting

I have the following code:

Dim docu As New Aspose.Words.Document("C:\PR.doc")
docu.Variables.Add("VIMPMENSU", "100")
docu.Variables.Add("VIMPATRAS", "25,3")
docu.UpdateFields()
docu.Save("c:\PR_AA.doc")

And in the following number formatting:
\# "#,##0.00"
As you can see in Aspose.Words 9.1 the result is correct: “125,30” (Spanish decimal point is a comma) while in Aspose.Words 9.3 the result is “125”
Another question. In MSWord (in Spanish) the syntax to obtain 1.250,27 is # “#.##0,00” while in Aspose.Words 9.1 we have to write # “#,##0.00”. Why we can’t preserve the same format in Aspose than in MSWord in not Brittish style?

Hello

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

I have read that in Aspose.Words there is a new feature (711) that allows format strings in any culture. What does it mean?
Can I format my numbers to the format 3.564,43 using this expression:
{DOCVARIABLE TEST # #.##0,00}
This is very important for us because we have used MSWord previously and all our documents have those expressions.
I supose that this new feature (other culture number formats) will work as soon as the problem reported will be fixed. Is it true?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you are right, switches in other cultures should work as expected. But in case of using such switches, you should specify the appropriate culture upon updating fields. For instance see the following code:

CultureInfo currentCulture = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("es-ES");
// Here your code to work with document and update fields.
// ......................................................
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = currentCulture;

But note, the problem you reported still remains, we will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi,
I have just fixed the problem. After the new version is out, you can use your local culture number format the way it is supported by Microsoft Word.
Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19338) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.