Aspose Words API creates formatting issue just on loading and saving of document on adding water mark and footer

Dear Support,

I am Using licensed version of Aspose words lib aspose-words-15.5.0-jdk16.jar for document creation and formatting.

I have attached original document and final document. I just loaded original document using Document object and added water mark with footer.

Issue: Text appearing in original document(RogerWallsResume.doc ) in three columns in first page, now appears in one column only in target document(suffix-ZR_33734_CAND_prefix.doc).

Please let me know what actually is issue and how to solve it ASAP.

Hi Ganesh,

Can you please also share your complete code to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Dear Support,

I have added this code snippet.

This issue appears for both docs and docx . Tested with MS Word 2013 version

Document newDocument = new Document("/Users/ganesh-2007/Downloads/RogerWallsResume.doc");

newDocument.save("/Users/ganesh-2007/Downloads/RogerWallsResume1.docx");

newDocument.save("/Users/ganesh-2007/Downloads/RogerWallsResume1.doc");

I have attached RogerWallsResume.doc(original document), other are generated using aspose API version aspose-words-15.5.0-jdk16.jar on MAC OS

Hi Ganesh,

Can you please call the following code before calling the same method? I was not able to see this issue after calling this code with the latest version.

newDocument.getCompatibilityOptions().optimizeFor(MsWordVersion.WORD_2010);

or

newDocument.getCompatibilityOptions().optimizeFor(MsWordVersion.WORD_2013);

Best Regards,

Dear Support,

Will this optimization create compatibility issues with earlier versions for Microsoft Word versions(2003/2007)??

Hi Ganesh,

Different versions of MS Word use different default values for Compatibility Options. Aspose.Words uses the same default values when you optimize the documents for specific versions.

In general there should not be any issue however in some rare cases, you may see different behavior for different values of compatibility options.

Best Regards,