Aspose.Words cannot load native Windows dll: URI scheme is not "file"

I am getting the following on stderr in my java program,

Aspose.Words cannot load native Windows dll: URI scheme is not “file”

It is coming directly from Aspose.Words and it is not a message that is making it back to my code. I noticed it almost by accident. We are using Aspose.Words for Java version 18.10. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working properly. All we are doing is loading the license, loading a document in Words, and converting it to PDF. I would like to know what this is and if it is something I need to worry about. I can’t tell where it is coming from since it never reaches my code.

Thanks.

@sherter,

For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSJAVA-1925. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot load native Windows dll: URI scheme is not “file”

@sherter,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-1925, it seems just to be a warning and you are right that there is nothing to worry about. The native Windows DLL is used to retrieve Windows native printer metrics. The metrics are used to print documents in MS Word style (like from local PC with installed MS Word).

Please tell us more about your system configuration. Do you perform some printing? It maybe that you print something but your environment cannot load from file or something. Please share the complete environment details (e.g. OS, JDK versions, JVM settings etc) of the machine you are getting this problem on. Thanks for your cooperation.

This was run in a Hyper-V vm runninng Windows 10 with the Java 8 JRE. Microsoft Office is not installed in this VM. We do print from the app, but we do not use Aspose to do the printing. We are running the app under RedHat JBoss EAP 7.0

@sherter,

Thanks for sharing the details. We will keep you posted on any further updates.

A post was split to a new topic: Native Windows dll loading problem: URI scheme is not “file”

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1925) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.