Aspose.Words demo example problems

I am attempting to run the demo from my local computer. I do not use intellij so I followed the instructions inside how to tomcat.txt under “for deploying without intellij”. The evaluation copy did not have jaxen.jar or the StaX jars. When I get to the next step to compile the demo classes i get lots of compiling errors. Do I need the jar files mentioned above to successfully run the examples? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Please try using demos available on the site:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

I am having the same problem as shawn_wil but the link in the reply was not valid. Where else can I find the answer?

Hello,
Thank you for your request.
Please try this link: https://releases.aspose.com/words/java
Hope this help you.

Viktor,

The Java Sample files linked above do not have the library files. The files required (other than Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar) to deploy the Aspose.Words.Demos.Web to Tomcat are not in my demo download. I’m following the “For deploying without IntelliJ” instruction #6 in the “How to Tomcat.txt” file included with the demo.

Are there any new or updated instructions available?

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your inquiry.
The samples pack is not setup to run with Tomcat. You can import the source files into whichever Java IDE you are using and compile the code from there.
Thanks,

I’m not trying to run the sample pack, I’m trying to set up the demo to run under Tomcat using the directions that came with the demo. The instructions that came with the demo have steps to deploy the demo without IntelliJ and step #6 lists files that did not come with the demo.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for this additional information.
I don’t think you need those extra libraries anymore. I will update those steps in the read me file. If you have any troubles please post here and I will look into it for you.
Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 24916) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.