Aspose.words dll not working as expected after moving Asp.Net application to new server (Windows server 2022)

We have a asp.net application targeting .Net framework 4 running on Windows server 2008 R2. Application is using Aspose.Words dll having version 6.6.0.0 to replace tags from word file and generate Pdf documents. its working as expected on old windows server. Recently we have moved our application to Windows server 2022. However, After moving application to new server, its not working as expected. We suspect that its Aspose.Words dll which is causing this issue because all other functionalities in the app works correctly. Also, we are neither getting any exception nor does the application generate any files.

Could anybody please have a look at this issue and let me know the resolution to it?
Let me know in case of any further information needed.

@arrkdeveloper Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what is gong wrong on your side. Could you please create a simple application that will allow us to reproduce the problem. Also, please check whether your application does not mute exceptions thrown upon generation of the documents.
Also, Aspose.Words 6.6.0.0 is a really old version, it was released more then 14 years ago. I would suggest you to update to the latest 23.4 version.

license.jpg (75.3 KB)
@alexey.noskov I have attached license file for your reference. Will this license work on two servers parallelly? We have asp.net application already running on windows server 2008 R2 and we have same application running on latest windows server (windows server 2022).
Does Windows server 2022 support Aspose.Words V6.6? We will provide with sample application by today EOD for further investigation.

@arrkdeveloper Aspose.Words 6.6 version has been released more than 10 years before release date of Windows 2022. So it was not tested with this version of Windows.
Your License allows you to update to Aspose.Words version released before 03 September 2010.

@alexey.noskov Will attached license in previous thread work on two hosting servers parallelly ?

@arrkdeveloper You should ask licensing question in Aspose.Purchase forum. My colleagues from sales team will help you shortly.

WebApplication2.zip (1.2 MB)
PFA application code for you to investigate issue further.

@arrkdeveloper Thank you for additional information. As I have mentioned 6.6 version is very old version and we do not provide any fixes or improvements for old versions of Aspose.Words. I will try to recreate the environment and test your code, but even if the problem is reproducible, we will not be able to provide a fix of old version of Aspose.Words. So I would recommend you to update to the latest version of Aspose.Words.

@arrkdeveloper I have tested Aspose.Words 6.6 on Windows 10 on my side and saving to PDF throws an exception. I think the same occurs on Windows Server 2022. So my recommendation is to update to more recent version of Aspose.Words.

@alexey.noskov Thanks for checking. Please share exception details that you are getting when running Aspose.Words 6.6 on Windows 10.

@arrkdeveloper It throws the following exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 'Could not find file 'C:\Windows\Fonts\NachlieliCLM-LightOblique.otf'.'

@alexey.noskov Thanks for sharing exception message. Basically it is looking for font file which is not present in Windows 10. Could you please add this font file at the location given in exception message and try again

@arrkdeveloper It looks like Aspose.Words 6.6 has a bug, it reads the available fonts from registry. If the registry record for the font exists but there is no corresponding file, it throws. I have removed “dead” font records from registry and is able to generate PDF document using 6.6 version. Could you please try running the code on your side in a simple console application? Is the document generated? Does Aspose.Words throws any exception in a console application on your side?