Aspose.Words.Document.Print in netstandard2.0

Hi

I am in the process of enabling some of our existing code base to run as .Net 5.

We have a shared package using Aspose, that after my changes will be running both in a .Net 4.8 Windows application, and in a .Net 5.0 API.

The shared package calls Aspose.Words.Document.Print() method, which when switching to netstandard2.0 target doesn’t work.

Which seems to be intentionally for now : Xamarin and .NET 2.0 Differences|Aspose.Words for .NET

My question is what the best approach suggested by Aspose is for this scenario?

Do I need to compile my shared package in two versions - and then include either net5.0-windows or net48 build of my shared package and let the net5.0-windows / netstandard2.0 version not include the methods calling Print on word documents?

Or is there a better way to handle it? Is there a netstandard2.0 way to Print word documents? Or is it on its way - don’t need it in production until after summer.

If this is outside scope of free support let me know. :wink:

Best regards
Anders

@licenselogimatic

Please note that the print method is not available in .NET Standard 2.0. So, please do not use it in .NET Core application.

We logged this feature request as WORDSNET-17369 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor I am finding for the similar, do we have any updates on this? any tentative dates when you are releasing print method for .NET Standard?

@uttamvs Unfortunately there are still no updates. This issue is under investigation by our development team.