Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf - extra line and square boxes issue

I am using the latest version of Aspose.Words.dll (8.0.0.0). After doing a MailMerge, I try to do the SaveToPdf. It creates the pdf, but anywhere I have lines drawn on my template, I get two lines in the pdf. it also throws some “square boxes” before one of the data fields. Can you tell me what is happening? I tried saving to a word document and it looks just fine there so I’m guessing the problem lies in the SaveToPdf. If you need more into please let me know.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem with double line on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue in our defect database. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
However, I cannot reproduce the problem with unrecognizable character before CurrentYear field. I used the following code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test001\template.doc");
doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[]
{
    "CurrentYear"
}, new object[]
{
});
doc.Save(@"Test001\out.pdf");

In MS Word, however, you can see these two character if press Ctrl+* (Show/Hide option, ¶ pictogram in MS Word). If you can edit your template, you can just remove them.
Best regards.

Thanks for the info on the show/hide. I didn’t even consider looking at those symbols. I will wait for your update on the double line issue.

Thanks again.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13263) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.