Aspose.Words DocumentPageSplitter

I want to test the DocumentPageSplitter, however, it appears it is not included in the Aspose.Words package. I am currently testing version 14.6.0.0.

Please let me know how I can get this feature.

thank you
Kevin Ko

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check “PageSplitter” example project in Aspose.Words for .NET examples repository at GitHub. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

question: If I have a document that contains over 200 pages, I want to loop through the # of pages and split the document up by 50 pages. I’m using doc.PageCount, but, getting the pagecount is also holding things up if it’s a lot of pages (not sure why this is the case). Is there more efficient way to split the document by 50 pages (or any other number of pages per document I want)?

thanks

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Document.PageCount property invokes page layout which builds the document in memory so note that with large documents this property can take time. However, after invoking this property first, any rendering operation e.g rendering to PDF or image will be instantaneous.

Since, rebuilding page layout is a time-consuming operation, if you call Document.PageCount property many times (e.g. every time after modifying the Document), it can slow down performance of your process.

Also, please note that memory and CPU usage are completely dependent on document size and document complexity. Upon, rebuilding page layout, on average, Aspose.Words layouts 10 pages per second. So, in your case, the extra amount of time Aspose.Words takes to rebuild page layout depends on the number of pages your Word documents have.

Best regards,